Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

My Whyte 901 cracked last week on the seat post, after being fobbed off because I didn't register it when it was new (I didn't even know that was a thing other than dishwashers) I've decided to go for something different, a Stanton Switchback, quite excited to get back to steel after 20 years on ally! Pics and review to follow...

View attachment 76672
So after a lot of messing, stanton couldn't get a frame until Sept, I'm on another Whyte frame, randomly, a 2020 frame in 2019 colours (Wtf) either way, rides lovely after the first test ride

20200724_170509.jpg

Looking at all these new bikes I’ve noticed that there is only one small cog on the crank.
How long has that been a thing? I’ve never noticed it before, I have 3 different sized cogs on my bike.

Yeah greater range across the cassette - I still had to change my riding style a bit. Rather than spinning out a climb on the granny ring, you have to rely on generating torque at lower crank rpm. Worth it though as really tidies up the bike and makes it much quieter on rough ground.

1 x drive trains came hand in glove with clutch mechs and narrow wide chain rings. 11 speed rear cassette is more than enough, though current trend is 12 speed.

Yeah greater range across the cassette - I still had to change my riding style a bit. Rather than spinning out a climb on the granny ring, you have to rely on generating torque at lower crank rpm. Worth it though as really tidies up the bike and makes it much quieter on rough ground.
Gives a nice space for the dropper lever too :thumbsup:

I love my 1x11 gears, my biggest ring is a 48 on the back, a snail can go faster than me uphill. :laugh:

Apart from the obvious.. how are you all carting these bike about? Currently is on the slant in the back with the front wheel twisted in the van o rak.

Looking for a solution For inside the van if anyone has any ideas??

Apart from the obvious.. how are you all carting these bike about? Currently is on the slant in the back with the front wheel twisted in the van o rak.

Looking for a solution For inside the van if anyone has any ideas??
This is my current set up, can fit 2 in like this. 3 or more i take front wheel off and fit in width ways

20200706_110018.jpg

Back