Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

8D07AD78-2DF8-4486-A0DB-D6956442AA82.jpeg
my hybrid, started riding this again last summer and loved it. Good enough on road, good enough off road. Spent 1000s on my other bikes but this still puts a big smile on my face!

pictured here in its natural habitat :)

What IS that ? For some reason I'm on bike hunt again, I love different!
One of my bikes, a Cannondale Slate Force with the Lefty Oliver fork, great bit of kit but I now want a fatty to add
Hi there,

Glad you like it, its a Jones Plus LWB Space Frame in Ti. Little different to everything else out there and extremely comfortable ride due to the relaxed seating position, whilst being super agile quick and climbs absolutely everything. The Plus = 29+ wheel (3" tires) running at low pressure 15psi rear 13psi front giving plenty of compliance and grip. As you can see bars are very different but they are a lot easier on the hands, arm , neck. Actually it was the bars that started me down the Jones route initially as a possible solution to ongoing neck issues. Managed to get hold of a demo bike and liked the overall ride so much I got one. Added link to the Jones site and video that Jeff talks about the bike. Should give you a good overview of what he is trying to achieve with the design. By the way if you want to talk to him about it then give him a call as I did, he's happy to oblige (just remember time zone as in North Oregon). What you need to remember is the bike wasn't designed to look like it does but instead each part was designed to do a job and as a result the overall look in my opinion is cool. Certainly gets a lot of interest when your out on the trails...

Let me know if you need more info.

Jones Bicycles- The high performance Bicycle.

Chaps anyone recommend a good mountain ebike under 2.5k? Trying to get up to speed with these things but to a newbie it's overwhelming. Was looking at Haibike hardseven or full seven but not sure on the Bosch motor which is restricted to 15mph. Any advice most welcome.

Chaps anyone recommend a good mountain ebike under 2.5k? Trying to get up to speed with these things but to a newbie it's overwhelming. Was looking at Haibike hardseven or full seven but not sure on the Bosch motor which is restricted to 15mph. Any advice most welcome.
They’re all restricted to the assistance cutting out 25kp/h, EU law. You can buy dongles to derestrict for most, and you can still go faster by pedalling after the motor cuts out.

They’re all restricted to the assistance cutting out 25kp/h, EU law. You can buy dongles to derestrict for most, and you can still go faster by pedalling after the motor cuts out.
yes understand the restrictions and the EU law but the new 2020 Bosch motor seems more difficult to de-restrict? But like I say this is all new to me so trying to understand what's possible or not.

After a few week's on a friends eMTB, I decided to add this to the stable. I was never against E's, I'd say I was neutral before having a go. Once you have a go, it's total conversion. I'll never want to pedal back up to the top of a track again. You get so much more downhill time and runs in and are so much fresher for each run. A total necessity for downhill venues with no uplift. I'm hooked :cool:

20200622_142928.jpg20200622_192641.jpg

@True Romance ...... wow, first time mountain biker ! Hard for you not to get hooked on this sport. Don't worry, it's all about commitment and time on the bike. The skills will start to come. There are some good instructors in the UK and loads of skills channels on YouTube as well :thumbsup:

Your saddle looks like a sofa though .... that could well be causing you some restriction in bike control

Last edited:
@True Romance ...... wow, first time mountain biker ! Hard for you not to get hooked on this sport. Don't worry, it's all about commitment and time on the bike. The skills will start to come. There are some good instructors in the UK and loads of skills channels on YouTube as well :thumbsup:

Your saddle looks like a sofa though .... that could well be causing you some restriction in bike control
Yes about to book some lessons to help. First few times was just to slow and not committed enough. Attacked the trails more without worry about avoiding roots, rocks etc on Sunday and was much better and felt more in control. Arse is still feeling it though hence the padded seat :)

Back