Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

View attachment 39968

Recently bought this whyte 909

Seat a little low in this pic - was first outing and the dropper post slid down in the frame slightly where I hadn’t tightened it properly

Love it
Awesome! Looks lovely! Only thing to do is change the grips! The Whyte ones aren't the best!

Changing grips is something I just don't get. I wear gloves, full in winter, road mitts other times, so the grips are just there in case I forget which bit to hold onto! :rolleyes:
What's the difference between the Whyte grips and the better ones you have @RedUn ?

Changing grips is something I just don't get. I wear gloves, full in winter, road mitts other times, so the grips are just there in case I forget which bit to hold onto! :rolleyes:
What's the difference between the Whyte grips and the better ones you have @RedUn ?
Its personal choice, I always change my grips and bar tape when I buy a new bike, you get used to something, they are all made of different quality compounds or design, I wear thin gloves so I can still feel the grip .

I guess it's like saying why didn't you buy a transit...

Being serious, the standard Whyte ones are really thin I felt just about every vibration through the wrists, swapped them for some ODIs I've ridden with over the years and the difference really is noticeable for such a small outlay too :cool:

02FD3C68-7010-407C-87BB-4BD711CCA540.jpeg C413D98A-70E2-4841-97DC-1AAFAA7574F3.jpeg Kona Kilauea 1996. I had the frame turned in a Single Speed with Track ends and the brake bossses moved. Use to work for Kona back in the day.

Still use the bike for commuting and running errands. Also some off road . Very different feel to my 29ers.

Back