Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

Me and my Niner with Sierra Nevada in the back ground. Fridays ride with a uplift :oops::oops::oops: @Shredder , said I would never use it.....

Andy from Ride Southern Spain been out here for a couple of years Great Guiding. He is from Guildford Surrey.

Absolutely zero shame in that ..... the fun and skill is in the descent, which you need to be fresh for. If you just want to kill yourself pedaling, you might as well be on the road or a stationary bike in the gym :D

Epic looking terrain. Tyre choice is tricky on loose over hardpack tracks like that. Trying to hold a line in those 'marbles' and 'cat litter' corners still freaks me out :eek:

Looks great .. have a good one ! :cool:

Absolutely zero shame in that ..... the fun and skill is in the descent, which you need to be fresh for. If you just want to kill yourself pedaling, you might as well be on the road or a stationary bike in the gym :D

Epic looking terrain. Tyre choice is tricky on loose over hardpack tracks like that. Trying to hold a line in those 'marbles' and 'cat litter' corners still freaks me out :eek:

Looks great .. have a good one ! :cool:

As we descend the track became a lot more rocky. We don’t have rocks on the South downs or Leith hill. Good job I left the XC tyres at home :whistle:...

Last edited:
Scars are trophies, pain is temporary but glory last forever...
Pity I can't descend then.:oops:

Loooove that bike @PukkaT6
You taking that to Bala?

Nice. Didn't look electric unless you look closely at the big bulge in the crank area.
Did you take it out today? How was it.

Nice. Didn't look electric unless you look closely at the big bulge in the crank area.
Did you take it out today? How was it.
Unfortunately im at work out of UK for another 2 weeks :thumbsdown: Got it delivered to friends house for him to look after until I get home...I've told him to have a blast on it see what its like and compare it to his Haibike FS...See what he says but cant wait to get back and have a blast myself...

Whats the general consensus on E-Bikes you like or loathe?? Have you had a blast on one>?

Last edited:
Unfortunately im at work out of UK for another 2 weeks :thumbsdown: Got it delivered to friends house for him to look after until I get home...I've told him to have a blast on it see what its like and compare it to his Haibike FS...See what he says but cant wait to get back and have a blast myself...

Whats the general consensus on E-Bikes you like or loathe?? Have you had a blast on one>?
I'm still on the fence as im a bit old school, but girlfriend spent a day at Trek in Milton Keynes last month and it changed her opinion, she loved the ebike. I don't want to try one as I don't want to be coverted, also 5 bikes is enough ;)

I’m the same as @superflyguy too many bike in my Garage. My Wife has an Ebike fantastic bit of kit, means when go for a ride she can ride with me except up hill when she blasts into the distance.

They are getting more popular even have there own race series now.

Enjoy the Specialized when you return. Let us know your fist impressions.

I was out biking last weekend and was having that very discussion about e-bikes as there were quite a few going around.
For me, if it means people who might not otherwise keep up/ get out on a bike etc, are actually getting up off the sofa and getting out in the fresh air and keeping fit, then i’m all for them.

I’m the same as @superflyguy too many bike in my Garage. My Wife has an Ebike fantastic bit of kit, means when go for a ride she can ride with me except up hill when she blasts into the distance.

Will do cheers :thumbsup: Let us know your thoughts if you do ever have a blast on one:D

I was out biking last weekend and was having that very discussion about e-bikes as there were quite a few going around.
For me, if it means people who might not otherwise keep up/ get out on a bike etc, are actually getting up off the sofa and getting out in the fresh air and keeping fit, then i’m all for them.
That describes me to a tee. I never really bothered with biking till I bought a haibike earlier this year. Yes I’d get more exercise with a non ebike, but only if I rode one. I love mine now and get out on it when I can so I’m getting much more exercise as a result. I’m 55 but not overweight and it’s doing wonders for my fitness

My cycling buddy is a bit older and not as fit as myself so he keeps his in a higher level of assist, I alternate between eco and turning assist off all together when i want to punish myself (which is quite regular!!) The best time for me is after a long hard slog and its horizontal rain and youre truly got zero left in the tank and youve still got 5 miles to get home you can put on high level of assist and pedal on air :D

I think I get out a hell of a lot more than I did on my other non e-bikes...So I think DaveyB is bob on with 'people who might not otherwise keep up/ get out on a bike etc'

Enjoy anyway either way as a sport and leisurely activity.

ECA9904F-230E-4655-AB40-A8141A5AC044.jpeg AF4F0F5E-1B35-4BA2-AE1E-3DB6D04B9B5E.jpeg D6F7F1B0-CE75-4C75-B069-19AF3341AAA3.jpeg E25A87AF-18B1-4D8E-BD63-3C92739AC0D2.jpeg

Well got back today and went for my first blast out on new bike .... All I can say is Wow !! Took it for a quick 13 miles along trails and up and down a few steep tracks and it eats them all for breakfast!! It’s so comfortable and easy to ride, tried a few different suspension set up tweaks and it’s fantastic.
I would urge everyone to at least take one for a test ride :)

Back