Show Us Your Camping Chairs

Ended up ordering a chair to test out on Amazon. Good quality but not quite the right height for me and the poles at the back stuck in my back a bit... they do fold down nice and small...
You really need to try a few out before buying, you might end up sending them back. You have to be comfortable

Prompted by this thread we went looking for more compact chairs. Amazon has a few types as noted elsewhere, but we then stumbled on the Robens Observer in Cotswold. Full price at £80 seemed on the high side although some discounts are available. However it appeared much better built than the others we had sought out particularly being all aluminium alloy tubing with no plastic jointing blocks.

Then we discovered Cotswold owned Snow & Rock were selling last year’s colour of the chair for £40, principally available on-line, so we snapped up two. We haven’t tried them on a trip yet, but they appear to be excellent, especially at ‘two for the price of one’.

5DB7B3AC-BE93-4FB0-9C4A-F29E3C895B5F.jpeg

I really like my Helinox sunset chair but the price is eye watering. It is easy to carry about and therefore not just for using by the van.

I tried out a Vango Micro Steel chair today. Brilliant.

Weighs 1.5kg and folds down to a very small pack. Expected it to be uncomfortable but it was absolutely lovely. Really supportive.

Isabella Thor. Not small, but my god they're comfortable. I've slept overnight in one before when in Italy and it was too hot in the van. With footrests. Awesome.

Outdoor chair recommendations please , wanting to kit out for our first stay away. Visited Go Outdoors today to have a nose around seating for outside the van and came away uninspired and surprised at the cost of quite seemingly basic bits of kit. Any recommendations at all, need to be comfortable and not too narrow......or expensive :D

Outdoor chair recommendations please , wanting to kit out for our first stay away. Visited Go Outdoors today to have a nose around seating for outside the van and came away uninspired and surprised at the cost of quite seemingly basic bits of kit. Any recommendations at all, need to be comfortable and not too narrow......or expensive :D

These are decent
Same as trespass ones /fold up don’t take loads of room up in van .

Last edited:
Reactions: MrD
We’ve got some Helinox Chair Twos which are really comfy and pack up to a great size. But they’re far too low to use with our loc8 table. What compact chairs do people use with their Loc8s please? Thanks!

Back