Evo Motion - full swivel chair or opening fridge

middle-englander

T6 Guru
Hi all,

So I'm nearing the stage where I need to order the furniture, and I've narrowed it down to two options from Evo that would fit with a 120cm RIB.

This one and this one.

I like the look of the first one since due to the curved tambour door it lets you swivel the captain's chair fully.
However it seems that this would come at the expense of being able to open the fridge when the bed is down.

Can anybody comment on either of these? I can't decide which would be more useful!

Tagging @Stuiemc as I see you have a (rather nice looking) 5.4 from Evo. :cool:

Not sure what evo model it was, but we wanted swivel front seat so had the curved tambour door and a top loader fridge - this was in a twin slider. The door pillars on a twin slider do affect the fitting of the units - check with evo if your options are suitable

I’ve got Evo furniture and factory swivels. The driver side is such a pain to swivel I never bother. Handbrake, steering wheel & seat positioning all need faffing about with….

I’ve got Evo furniture and factory swivels. The driver side is such a pain to swivel I never bother. Handbrake, steering wheel & seat positioning all need faffing about with….
Interesting...do you think that's due to the factory mechanism specifically or are they all a pain?

Thanks - sounds like I need to check with them!
Yes definitely as the C pillar sticks out alot more on twin side loader. I know our units for single side loader are totally different to a twin.
But I'm not actually sure 120cm rib with a smev etc on a twin can actually be done.

You can always lift the end of the Rib on the catch when the bed is fully out, either way you'll be grubbing around on your hands and knees with the quilt getting in the way at the same time as the wife tells you the milk has run out and there's some long life under the bed. :whistle:

Yes definitely as the C pillar sticks out alot more on twin side loader. I know our units for single side loader are totally different to a twin.
But I'm not actually sure 120cm rib with a smev etc on a twin can actually be done.
I have this set up on my twin slider, evo give you a choice for twin slider and fits no bother.

I made my own units for the twin slider to make the most of being able to access both sides of the van. But yes the C pillar is larger and also some of the standard fridges need every mm of room behind them and the sliding door can't be modified to allow the fridge to back right up to the skin of the van. This and the better efficiency of the top loading fridges is why we went with one.
Also if you have a top loading fridge you will never shoot a container of milk across the van when you arrive at the first roundabout in the morning having left the door unlocked :)

Here's a pic of a 112 on a twin side loader we did a while ago. If you look at the smev unit, I can't see how you can loose a extra 80mm for a 120mm bed.

Screenshot_20231005_194316_Facebook.jpg

You will struggle on a SWB due to the depth of the units and fridge, hob etc. Here is LWB twin door for example. For a SWB twin slider we have a ‘Panorama’ model which is similar to the 4th and 5th photo but will work on a twin door. Of course there are down sides with this, swivel drivers seat etc. Ther are always plus and minus with designs of vans. Cheers
:thumbsup:

1.JPG2.JPG4.JPGPXL_20221223_113137349.MP.jpgDSC02328small.jpg

Hope I’m not too late, you can still use the fridge with the bed down. Well… you do need to crank the bottom of the bed up a few clicks but it’s no big deal.

Your reason for going for the curved end unit was the same as ours and I’m so glad I went for it. Does allow you to get full use of drivers seat when swivelled which we use quite a lot for meals etc.

Back