Show Us Your Camping Chairs

DPDP

I'm looking for slim lightweight chairs that will fit within a T6 without using up too much room. Any help would be appreciated.

Fixed chairs, folding chairs? Camping chairs?

What happens to the boot release switch on the tailgate when you install the chair pod? is it re-routed elsewhere?

In the T6 panel van you don't have an internal release switch so i can't answer this.

You may want to contact the supplier direct to ask them this.

In the T6 panel van you don't have an internal release switch so i can't answer this.

You may want to contact the supplier direct to ask them this.

Thanks. It's not a major concern. I've been planning on getting the chair pod and loc8 table and never considered this until my local converter mentioned it yesterday. He said there alre alternatives for routing ther switch elsewhere on the door if needs be.

Looking to change our current camping chairs to a more compact space saving style
Any recommendations appreciated
Thanks

I use the Oztent King Goanna Chair which I find very comfy. They are high at the back which gives good head support, they have a strap behind the lower back of the chair which can be adjusted to give excellent lower back support. The arms are nice and wide and as a bonus it has two can holders which are perfect and a couple of small pocket type holders. They are not exactly the smallest chair packed up but I find that they sit nicely behind my rib bed.
P1010319.JPG
But then I thought I would go more compact in order to save more space and purchased a Vango microlight tall chair. It is nice and high at the back which is good for head support and they are quite supportive on your back, I do however find that they lean back which is good for lounging but not so good if you wanted to sit at a table. Generally I find them comfy but there is nowhere to put your arms luckily for you maybe but not me as I have already purchased them, they now sell them with arms which I feel will help a lot with the general comfort of the chair. They are very lightweight and portable but are also strong.
P1010318.JPG
Of course the difference in packed away size is huge but you do trade some comfort for size. It depends what is more important to you.
P1010316.JPG
The Oztent are 105 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm.
the Vango are 50 cm x 15 cm x 10 cm.
Of course purchasing the other chairs has now ended up with me wanting to take both sets of chairs so taking up even more room. The Oztent ones for lounging about on site and the others to keep in the van for when we are out and about as they are so portable and still comfy.
As they say the choice is yours.

Hope this helps.

976617D4-FBD1-4934-8796-2B9F2986DCEA.jpeg Thanks for replies,
We have the Vango Hercules which are great just the packed size is a bit bulky and we are trying to lessen the load and gain more space in readiness for a road trip around France and beyond.
Wife has found these on Amazon and has ordered them to try out.
Still looking though and I do prefer the fold flat Kensington type so not ruling them out .

I use the Oztent King Goanna Chair which I find very comfy. They are high at the back which gives good head support, they have a strap behind the lower back of the chair which can be adjusted to give excellent lower back support. The arms are nice and wide and as a bonus it has two can holders which are perfect and a couple of small pocket type holders. They are not exactly the smallest chair packed up but I find that they sit nicely behind my rib bed.
View attachment 44957
But then I thought I would go more compact in order to save more space and purchased a Vango microlight tall chair. It is nice and high at the back which is good for head support and they are quite supportive on your back, I do however find that they lean back which is good for lounging but not so good if you wanted to sit at a table. Generally I find them comfy but there is nowhere to put your arms luckily for you maybe but not me as I have already purchased them, they now sell them with arms which I feel will help a lot with the general comfort of the chair. They are very lightweight and portable but are also strong.
View attachment 44958
Of course the difference in packed away size is huge but you do trade some comfort for size. It depends what is more important to you.
View attachment 44959
The Oztent are 105 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm.
the Vango are 50 cm x 15 cm x 10 cm.
Of course purchasing the other chairs has now ended up with me wanting to take both sets of chairs so taking up even more room. The Oztent ones for lounging about on site and the others to keep in the van for when we are out and about as they are so portable and still comfy.
As they say the choice is yours.

Hope this helps.

Thanks it does help , the Vango is certainly worth a look at as that’s the kinda packed size we’re after
Do they have to be assembled?

Ye takes me less then 1 minuet all poles are attached with elastic and snap together. they are all aluminium no plastic joints. added some more photos to help you decide think you can get them for about £38 with a quick search on google the ones with arms are a bit more. P1010320.JPG P1010321.JPG P1010322.JPG P1010323.JPG

Last edited:
Back