Show Us Your Awning Setup.

Not going to lie- I'm putting up my mahoosive Galli III on Sunday for the first time and am a little nervous- damn thing weighs 30kg without the bedrooms, carpet and groundsheet protector! Pics to follow

Last edited:
I actually thought my Kyham fitted better than my former Outdoor revolution with regard the floppyness between van and main area of the awning. Maybe a daft question but did you pull the awning far enough away from the van in the first place? Since the Kyham stands up on its own before being pegged, I found this really easy to do. Get it up, pull the tunnel taught, then peg in place.
Yes. The wife had to have something to do but point.

IMG_20190708_121219.jpg IMG_20190708_121123.jpg As I suspected...a total PITA!

Not a thing to put up for just a weekend and definitely needs 2 to put it up. Don't even think about putting it up on compacted gravel hard standing though- you will wreck the ground sheet. Nice space inside and good quality.

IMG_20190708_121140.jpg

We have bought a under sheet that protects the awnings built in floor that hopefully will protect the floor against the hard standing pitch, well hopefully we’re trying our Gali 3 this weekend for 2 nights so let’s hope it goes up and down quickly

We have bought a under sheet that protects the awnings built in floor that hopefully will protect the floor against the hard standing pitch, well hopefully we’re trying our Gali 3 this weekend for 2 nights so let’s hope it goes up and down quickly

We have the protector as well. The haranguing is so sharp that we had to borrow a layer of felt from the campsite owner. I think you'll be pleased with it, just make sure you attach the tunnel first.

I reckon there’s a few OCD VW owners thinking if it was a bit bigger I could park inside it :)

On the Galli I always find the tunnel a bit tricky working out exactly where it sits and which bits go where, I've watched the set-up video and it looks far easier than it really is.

We're away this weekend and this will be the 4th or 5th time of setting the Galli up, this time I'm going to pump up all 4 air beams first and then drag it into position and connect up the tunnel with the cador etc.

Had a great weekend at Bolton Abbey - took the awning and was easy to put up and very handy to store things
in the day and at night.
awning july 2019.jpg

After Bala exploits and looking at others awnings I decided for stays over weekends this was a good idea.
RailSail stays firmly for wild camps but for pitch and stay a few days I've had a look.
Didn't wanna go to big, so decided on the new Vango Palm.
Pictures below

Having done a search for a simple canopy (inflatable) with sides I cannot find anything - I have a Hexaway but just want something quick for short / day trips?

Like this but just with some sides that zipped in would be perfect - perhaps rocking horse doo daa is easier to find though?

Vango AirBeam Inflatable Sun Canopy Awning 3m

Last edited:
I have an old dinghy sail that I am going to try to turn into a proper rail “sail”. Just need to find somewhere that sells the single sided kadar strip, and a couple of extendable poles.

Back