Show Us Your Awning Setup.

We suffered the droops on our vango galli 2.
Eventually bought some elastic which we used to secure it to the van rather than using the awning strip and we ‘roll’ the spare up inside making it nice and tight using clips bought from amazon

46340E36-A0BC-4CD8-834D-4E98BE3536ED.jpeg

8E80FC21-36D4-495A-96AF-66F18D0DE1E1.jpeg

AD8353A4-552F-46D7-981C-B664608D166B.jpeg

4A61DF02-881C-417B-8D45-AA92B536BB69.jpeg

First time out with my Khyam awning. Any tips on how to get the bloody thing less floppy between tent and van would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 45967

View attachment 45968
It looks like you have pitched it too close to the van - any rain and you will have a fishpond. If you have a Fiamma type wind out awning one tip is to attach your driveway via one of the c channels in the Fiamma (using a kador strip and figure of 8 to the driveway) but first wind the awning out a few inches - once the awning is pitched you can then wind the Fiamma back in to take up any slack.

There are a couple of picture on page 1 of this thread showing our old Kela III pitched with a nice tight tunnel using this method.

First time away in Dorset for 10 days with the camper and Galli 2 set up took a few goes at getting the distance correct but put a few tent peg markers out and got it right in the end when going out for days and returning. IMG-20190620-WA0015.jpeg

I actually thought my Kyham fitted better than my former Outdoor revolution with regard the floppyness between van and main area of the awning. Maybe a daft question but did you pull the awning far enough away from the van in the first place? Since the Kyham stands up on its own before being pegged, I found this really easy to do. Get it up, pull the tunnel taught, then peg in place.

fullsizeoutput_21be.jpeg fullsizeoutput_219a.jpeg View attachment 46052

Thule Omnister. Worked perfectly along side a Olpro Utility tent for 2 weeks round Europe.
Coupled with a £19.99 wind break, as I didn't want to get into the "Who's got the best Windbreak" game.
We do have a Vango inflatable awning but since having the Thule, I doubt we will use the Vango much anymore.

Edit:
The only problem with the Thule is you have to drop one side lower to allow any rain to run off and this really messes with my OCD, but the tablets help.:confused:

View attachment 46051

fullsizeoutput_2178.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like you have pitched it too close to the van - any rain and you will have a fishpond. If you have a Fiamma type wind out awning one tip is to attach your driveway via one of the c channels in the Fiamma (using a kador strip and figure of 8 to the driveway) but first wind the awning out a few inches - once the awning is pitched you can then wind the Fiamma back in to take up any slack.

There are a couple of picture on page 1 of this thread showing our old Kela III pitched with a nice tight tunnel using this method.
Thanks for the tip.

Just set up the Vango Air Beam Sun Canopy today. 33 degrees, so glad of the shade. Couldn’t peg it out properly as my mate’s van was quite close but a great bargain for £140.

C96F3F08-3520-4316-BAAE-514A1E85B3DC.jpeg

View attachment 46049 View attachment 46050 View attachment 46052

Thule Omnister. Worked perfectly along side a Olpro Utility tent for 2 weeks round Europe.
Coupled with a £19.99 wind break, as I didn't want to get into the "Who's got the best Windbreak" game.
We do have a Vango inflatable awning but since having the Thule, I doubt we will use the Vango much anymore.

Edit:
The only problem with the Thule is you have to drop one side lower to allow any rain to run off and this really messes with my OCD, but the tablets help.:confused:

View attachment 46051

View attachment 46056
Love your lime green windbreak, where can I get one!

Back