Show Us Your Awning Setup.

I have an old dinghy sail that I am going to try to turn into a proper rail “sail”. Just need to find somewhere that sells the single sided kadar strip, and a couple of extendable poles.

So fed up with the trailer incident you've decided to pull the boat to bits eh??

So fed up with the trailer incident you've decided to pull the boat to bits eh??
If only!!!!!!
Nah, they go through a sail per year, each. This years race sail becomes next years training sail, and is then retired. So a new sail is bought for each of them to race on every year, because they loose their efficiency as the wind stretches them and weathers the material. Managed to sell a few to sailors that are “club sailors” and aren’t needing maximum efficiency. I still have a few left in the sail loft (aka roof of the garage) so thinking of something unique to do with them.

I have an old dinghy sail that I am going to try to turn into a proper rail “sail”. Just need to find somewhere that sells the single sided kadar strip, and a couple of extendable poles.

Please let me know how you get on…… have been thinking how to do this and sourcing a suitable fabric to use.
Would like to do something similar off the tailgate?

Has anyone got any experience of the Khyam motordome classic pro awning??

I’m just about to push the button on one and thought I would see if anyone has any experience with it.

Also interested in general experiences with the Khyam fold up pole type awnings?

I’m just about to push the button on one and thought I would see if anyone has any experience with it.

Also interested in general experiences with the Khyam fold up pole type awnings?
We have a Khyam motordome and find the folding poles are great, we actually prefer them to the inflatable Vango we also have.

C3DDD03A-7575-4B6E-94F5-910194040060.jpeg BF6629D8-99FC-4FB5-A9A6-533D22BC5774.jpeg

Great awning takes minutes to put up solid in windy conditions and spacious enough. Each side opens fully so you can pitch your van how you like

id agree with insert coin on the setup method above. It took a couple of set up to get it all sorted.

Victor19 that’s a nice set up in your awning very impressive and even colour coded!:thumbsup:

insert coin i notice you have the ATB bumper spoiler how do you find it getting on an off the camp sites? i seems to be quite low compared to the sports line one! i have both and am trying to desice what one to fit :)

id agree with insert coin on the setup method above. It took a couple of set up to get it all sorted.

Victor19 that’s a nice set up in your awning very impressive and even colour coded!:thumbsup:

insert coin i notice you have the ATB bumper spoiler how do you find it getting on an off the camp sites? i seems to be quite low compared to the sports line one! i have both and am trying to desice what one to fit :)

It was always getting caught when I ran 19’s, but on 20’s it’s much less of an issue if you’re careful.

The mats from The Outdoor Company

Are they similar to a hin door mat or like an awning carpet

Thanks
Andy

The mats from The Outdoor Company

Are they similar to a hin door mat or like an awning carpet

Thanks

Andy
An awning carpet Andy, but they may do mats.
Or you could try Fat Bobs Emporium they have a wide choice of mats and rugs or maybe could make one up to your design .

And this is why we ditched the OR airbeam thing and invested in a Kyham.
On herringbone brick at Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy. Just got it anchored mainly on the legs to boat tie down points, no pegs at all. Done the trick an absolute treat.

87B759EE-0102-4ACD-87D1-C75A982AD722.jpeg

Looking good mate ! We enjoyed ours too... just need an awning rail now

View attachment 47814

I am thinking this is the Vango Palm awning?? If it is, how are you finding it?? Do you find it huge compared to the van??
I want one where the van is the main feature and the awning is just like a "porch" idea but with a drive-away feature.

Also, does it seem like quite good quality??

Thanks for any replies.
:)

Back