Show Us Your Awning Setup.

Should have said its just hooked over the awning rail. Magic!
Scuse rear end pic!

4DE8885D-59F7-4DDE-B116-1A9866E16E79.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
We use the Vango Cruz. Great awning with side or end openings so will suit either orientation.
Also the sewn in ground sheet keeps the insides dry in the event of a down pour and keeps out any drafts.
We have only used it 3 or 4 times put can put it up and pinned down in under 10 mins and the same to take it down.The most time is taken with setting up all our kit in the inside as we tend to take far too much on every trip but still have plenty of room.
The tunnel connecting to the van is the ideal location for your porta potti.
Will only take for trips of 2 days or more. Overnights we just use the Thule roll out awning.
10/10 for me.

fullsizeoutput_2153.jpeg

View attachment 44387

It's not practical and it takes a while to dry out when it gets wet... But it's full of charm and is great fun. We love our glawning set up with an outbacker stove

i love these but there are just two many impracticalities for me, but im always drawn to one when i see it, then end up talking to an owner and think i should buy one, then the wife taps me on the shoulder and brings me back to earth :rolleyes: one day!!;)

i love these but there are just two many impracticalities for me, but im always drawn to one when i see it, then end up talking to an owner and think i should buy one, then the wife taps me on the shoulder and brings me back to earth :rolleyes: one day!!;)
That’s because the wife wants you to spend your money on the air ride first.;)

After Bala I've decided a drive away awning for weekend trips is a good idea !
I've got a rail sale and as mint as it is an Awning is just a bit more protection from weather and can leave some kit in it and drive off !
Like the Kelia but think its a little bit big. Want Air as its easy !

Looking at the Palm now, typical its this years new model and I'll probably have to pay full price !
If ya see one around with a healthy discount please let me know. Thanks
Priced around £380 - £400 at moment !

After Bala I've decided a drive away awning for weekend trips is a good idea !
I've got a rail sale and as mint as it is an Awning is just a bit more protection from weather and can leave some kit in it and drive off !
Like the Kelia but think its a little bit big. Want Air as its easy !

Looking at the Palm now, typical its this years new model and I'll probably have to pay full price !
If ya see one around with a healthy discount please let me know. Thanks
Priced around £380 - £400 at moment !
What you really mean is, Mandy has pulled rank and ordered you to source one;)
will keep my eye open for one, because i like them and would be interested to see the size of it :thumbsup:

Got a talk Galli 2 Vango as a left over from our previous motohome which was a big un. Worried about the waste of money , we persevered on the t6 and the awning can be fitted easily using a bit of black elastic threaded through the seam by the awning strip. Hey presto! Quick on and off and nice and tight. Only use it for long stays though

View attachment 44378

View attachment 44379

We went to Glossop last year to look at awnings
They had the Galli 2 up for sale on offer
It was the previous years model, obviously hadn’t sold for tall motor homes, it had been converted to VW by somebody either by them or Vango had done them

Just a option if it Intrested yourselves

Regards
Andy

Ordered the Hexaway II today - decided the gazebo has a second use.
Found Funkyleisure with 10% off a really good deal

We use the Vango Cruz. Great awning with side or end openings so will suit either orientation.
Also the sewn in ground sheet keeps the insides dry in the event of a down pour and keeps out any drafts.
We have only used it 3 or 4 times put can put it up and pinned down in under 10 mins and the same to take it down.The most time is taken with setting up all our kit in the inside as we tend to take far too much on every trip but still have plenty of room.
The tunnel connecting to the van is the ideal location for your porta potti.
Will only take for trips of 2 days or more. Overnights we just use the Thule roll out awning.
10/10 for me.

View attachment 44382

Like this idea
Sawn in ground sheet, no bugs or drafts
Shame you carnt add an annex to expand your options on longer stays

Andy

Please excuse the dim-wits in the photos...!

Vango Galli II Compact - big enough for us.

Found that a big wind break keeps us self contained and adds that bit of privacy needed sometimes. That and it keeps the dog from wandering away sniffing at other folks barbecues!

A487502F-2FEC-4E21-B38F-C7F3745A13DF.jpeg E659121A-FB18-408A-8541-4A5FFDB8D63C.jpeg 2B17EB46-41BD-4962-80B4-C33A8429EEA1.jpeg FD4B1B03-4795-4E5C-8C71-7A6CBCF5CEE8.jpeg DA66C660-FDDA-4D81-8AB1-43B4D8BFBF54.jpeg 0C6F12E8-FA08-4BF7-8460-BA361D40D027.jpeg 4D706279-11B7-4A37-83CC-14D124E0CF12.jpeg

Has anyone got any recommendations for a tailgate awning - ideally something that just goes over an open tailgate but you can sleep in
Have you looked at a site called Camperco?
Seem to think that they had some tailgate options

Have you looked at a site called Camperco?
Seem to think that they had some tailgate options

Yes thank you - I got a REIMO UPGRADE 2 CABIN TAILGATE TENT & GROUND SHEET BUNDLE delivered yesterday from camperco!

Hoping to use it this weekend in the lakes if the weather not too grim :thumbsup:

Hi has anyone used the Kampa travel pod motion, and do you have any pics of the space inside and pic from the outside. Thinking of the 2018 model as vangos are a bit expensive for our first awning.

Back