Show Us Your Awning Setup.

I never knew Khyam were based in Wigston, Leicestershire - we used to live about 10 minutes walk from that warehouse address.
Think it’s just a distribution warehouse a unit on the industrial estate
If someone wants to view one of their awnings I believe you can make an appointment to visit and they will set one up ready for viewing

View attachment 41521
We were the same Dan awnings aren’t cheap so it has to be right for you
We went to the nec show in February so we could see the best of this years drive away awnings and it was close between the Vango Gali 2 and the Khyam the only thing about the vango was the wife didn’t like the orange guy ropes...I know ... she’s a bit ocd with colour matching stuff. We ordered the Khyam at the show but was told it would be early April before they would be available . We had a trip to Scotland planned and when it didn’t arrive we were loaned a display model sent to us by courier and returned the same way . During our trip we were told the new awnings had arrived in stock and as we were due to stay in London we arranged to pick it up from the warehouse in Leicester on route.
Must say can’t fault Khyam for customer service
I will try and screenshot the details of the main office in Leicester if you want to try there.
Our van has a full conversion Dan 4 berth with standard side kitchen layout. Youngest sleeps in pop top at the moment as it’s warmer nights but has used the cab double and driver seats as a bed and managed ok.
Think there’s a type of hammock you can use maybe that’s a possibility for the “sprogs “
Hope you get sorted
Was just looking to see what Easter deals were on the Dub Hub XL but everywhere is saying out of stock.

This is the Vango Faros (low). Think it's a new product from Vango. Our Galli is great for longer trips or when we have friends or family in tow, but wanted something smaller for weekend trips. Just big enough for storing camping chairs, bikes and the like. Decided on poles instead of air beam to keep it simple. Seems, robust, rigid and it ticks the box in terms of the compact footprint I was after.

20190420_142111.jpg

Last edited:
Was just looking to see what Easter deals were on the Dub Hub XL but everywhere is saying out of stock.
Not sure what’s going on mate can’t understand their website and the unit I mentioned seemed pretty full with boxed products ready to go or maybe they’re pre ordered items
I can give you the name of the customer advisor who sorted things out for us if you want any help but sure they said they were closed till Tuesday.
Coincidentally there’s a California staying on same site with the dub hub looks good, spoke with them today and they said it’s a 2019 model bought from campervantastic where they bought the van from as well , ex hire.
May be worth a call

Out of interest has anyone else had +ve/ -ve interactions with Khyam?
I sent them an email last Tuesday, no response. Left them a voicemail last Thursday, no response. Proper crap in my book.

This is the Vango Faros (low). Think it's a new product from Vango. Our Galli is great for longer trips or when we have friends or family in tow, but wanted something smaller for weekend trips. Just big enough for storing camping chairs, bikes and the like. Decided on poles instead of air beam to keep it simple. Seems, robust, rigid and it ticks the box in terms of the compact footprint I was after.

I'm looking at the airbeam version (palm), how have you found life with your Faros

I'm looking at the airbeam version (palm), how have you found life with your Faros

Only used it once, but its done the job so far. Easy to transport and erect. Just the right size for what we needed it to do and feels substantial and of good enough quality. Haven't had any experience of it in wind and rain though, so cant comment on its performance in that respect thus far.

So this weekend we tried out the vango Cruz. To be honest wasn't particularly interested in taking this due to the size of the bag! Didn't think it would be something we'd make use of. However now we've used it think we'll be taking all the time! Easy to put up and take down. Even managed to get it back in the bag first time! Used drive away kit which was easy to use and reattach when we got back from a day out. Nice to have the extra space and front porch area.
20190504_131342.jpg

I've just bought that one after pondering all the options, not used it yet but it does seem very good value. Similar to a Vango without the price.
I was out & about today and spotted a camping shop, stopped for a browse & bought the Kampa Travel Pod Trip footprint for £20, I'm sure I've seen them advertised at over £30 :) Next two weekend trips are 4 and 6 weeks away, Elvington LMA and the BMFA Nats. Cant wait!

Heres a convincing little Travel Pod Trip demo, the magic happens at about 1:20 ;)

Cheers
Phil
Phil,
Have you used your travel pod trip yet, i would appreciate some feedback
Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard

We have the Kampa travel pod air
Used it a couple of times, it’s ok
I think in my opinion the Vango is better quality
Also you can use the front door on the Vango, so if tight for space your not facing next doors caravan

Andy

Hi Richard

We have the Kampa travel pod air
Used it a couple of times, it’s ok
I think in my opinion the Vango is better quality
Also you can use the front door on the Vango, so if tight for space your not facing next doors caravan

Andy

Im looking at either vango Palm or Kampa travel pod trip air.
Already have vango Cruz 2017 but find it too big for our needs
Their material seems to be of simular quality and they are simular size, the only main difference, I can find, is that a Palm has doors at both ends of the tunnel.
Hoping that Kampa do a left hand vesion, so tunnel door is a back of my california

What has everyone done to stop the awning marking the van where it touches the sides?

I have a Vango Hexaway and the first time I used it it left a few small scratches.

My plan is to use some vinyl temporarily whilst camping or try low tack tape.

Any other suggestions?

Back