Show Us Your Awning Setup.

View attachment 41020 View attachment 41021 View attachment 41023
Hey, just bought the new Kampa air touring classic, been away all week in Scotland with it.
Highly recommended.

Thanks for the post. Been looking at this awning after checking out the Vango Galli Rhone low.
Just got the ‘velle on the road and after a few days camping last week, decided that a bigger awning is required as we have three kids and the current Decathlon tent and awning just doesn’t cut it. Not seen many others around this size, that are inflatable and Polycotton.
Not seen one in the flesh but good to see some photos :thumbsup:
Thanks

Thanks for the post. Been looking at this awning after checking out the Vango Galli Rhone low.
Just got the ‘velle on the road and after a few days camping last week, decided that a bigger awning is required as we have three kids and the current Decathlon tent and awning just doesn’t cut it. Not seen many others around this size, that are inflatable and Polycotton.
Not seen one in the flesh but good to see some photos :thumbsup:
Thanks
I also have 3 kids which is why I went down this route, pricy but well worth the money.

View attachment 41020 View attachment 41021 View attachment 41023
Hey, just bought the new Kampa air touring classic, been away all week in Scotland with it.
Highly recommended.

Is this the one with the sleeping pods
I have 4 children and 1 on the way
Picking up new caravelle tomorrow and been scrolling through drive away awnings for weeks
Just cant figure which would be the best for us
I have the goodnight package on the velle and also bought the extension board and mattress just need to find the best tent for sleeping the gang

Is this the one with the sleeping pods
I have 4 children and 1 on the way
Picking up new caravelle tomorrow and been scrolling through drive away awnings for weeks
Just cant figure which would be the best for us
I have the goodnight package on the velle and also bought the extension board and mattress just need to find the best tent for sleeping the gang
Tough one this
The galli has two 'sleeping pod' areas.. but without the pods you can sleep 6 easy.

View attachment 41428
First try out with Khyam Motordome ClassicPro 2019 model
Very impressed so far includes sewn in groundsheet and canopy very versatile as it has openings on all sides.

Hi Victor,

Nice Awning, I've not found one to actually walk in and get a feel for yet to help me decide! How's the space ? how many people could you comfortably sit round in there?

Thanks

Dan

Just had a look you can add a 4 berth sleeping pod onto the tent you mentioned

I'm also looking at these, the one Victor has is the 'Classic' which looks to be the only one with a sewn in groundsheet, that particular one looks to only have an option for a 2 birth inner tent you can stick up inside, the 'Dub Hub' has the options of adding a 4 birth to the side but its not a sewn in groundsheet. That's how I understand it anyway?? Hopefully I'm being helpful

I'm also looking at these, the one Victor has is the 'Classic' which looks to be the only one with a sewn in groundsheet, that particular one looks to only have an option for a 2 birth inner tent you can stick up inside, the 'Dub Hub' has the options of adding a 4 birth to the side but its not a sewn in groundsheet. That's how I understand it anyway?? Hopefully I'm being helpful
Thanks for that I'll have another look properly when the kids have gone to bed
I have 4 children and one on it's way so I would definitely need to have 4 berth tent plus the bed in the caravelle.
Or just bite the bullet and buy a camper for the wife to drive

Thanks for that I'll have another look properly when the kids have gone to bed
I have 4 children and one in it's way so I would definitely need to have 4 berth tent plus the bed in the caravelle
You’d do better tying a knot in ‘it’ rather than trying to find an awning that is future expandable.:rolleyes:;)

You’d do better tying a knot in ‘it’ rather than trying to find an awning that is future expandable.:rolleyes:;)
Haha that's what I get for having two with the ex mrs, then marrying a younger girl who wanted a big family. Last one now for me to old at 37 for any more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also quite liking the Galli 2, can anyone give an opinion of how hard it is to put up/down and to get back in the bag?

For our family it looks like it is between the Vango Galli 2 and the Kampa Travel Pod Touring. Has anyone been down this route and what are the pros and cons of both?

E69184CE-84E7-44BA-BD98-4D4394D4005B.jpeg 72B82C30-92EB-4410-BFF5-063F544A486E.jpeg
Hi Victor,

Nice Awning, I've not found one to actually walk in and get a feel for yet to help me decide! How's the space ? how many people could you comfortably sit round in there?

Thanks

Dan
Hello Dan
I guess it depends on how much gear your thinking of putting in the awning
We are a family of three on this trip could be four if eldest wants to join us.
There’s room for us to have a kitchen set up and a table and chairs for teas and dinners but from your posts I think you would need the bedroom extension to maximise your space

View attachment 41495 View attachment 41496
Hello Dan
I guess it depends on how much gear your thinking of putting in the awning
We are a family of three on this trip could be four if eldest wants to join us.
There’s room for us to have a kitchen set up and a table and chairs for teas and dinners but from your posts I think you would need the bedroom extension to maximise your space

Thanks, Really helpful pics! To be fair my two sprogs are still in nappies so I may be overestimating the space ill require over the coming summers. I've spent longer choosing an awning than I did choosing the bloody van! Anyway, It seems you also have gone for a day van and will use the awning for kitchen etc so great to see your setup! What's the roof skylights like? and finally how have you got hold of one already? it says its a pre order item not due for release until May.

Regards

782D662F-4DEB-4C5F-B388-439E015DD0B4.jpeg
Thanks, Really helpful pics! To be fair my two sprogs are still in nappies so I may be overestimating the space ill require over the coming summers. I've spent longer choosing an awning than I did choosing the bloody van! Anyway, It seems you also have gone for a day van and will use the awning for kitchen etc so great to see your setup! What's the roof skylights like? and finally how have you got hold of one already? it says its a pre order item not due for release until May.

Regards
We were the same Dan awnings aren’t cheap so it has to be right for you
We went to the nec show in February so we could see the best of this years drive away awnings and it was close between the Vango Gali 2 and the Khyam the only thing about the vango was the wife didn’t like the orange guy ropes...I know ... she’s a bit ocd with colour matching stuff. We ordered the Khyam at the show but was told it would be early April before they would be available . We had a trip to Scotland planned and when it didn’t arrive we were loaned a display model sent to us by courier and returned the same way . During our trip we were told the new awnings had arrived in stock and as we were due to stay in London we arranged to pick it up from the warehouse in Leicester on route.
Must say can’t fault Khyam for customer service
I will try and screenshot the details of the main office in Leicester if you want to try there.
Our van has a full conversion Dan 4 berth with standard side kitchen layout. Youngest sleeps in pop top at the moment as it’s warmer nights but has used the cab double and driver seats as a bed and managed ok.
Think there’s a type of hammock you can use maybe that’s a possibility for the “sprogs “
Hope you get sorted

View attachment 41521
We were the same Dan awnings aren’t cheap so it has to be right for you
We went to the nec show in February so we could see the best of this years drive away awnings and it was close between the Vango Gali 2 and the Khyam the only thing about the vango was the wife didn’t like the orange guy ropes...I know ... she’s a bit ocd with colour matching stuff. We ordered the Khyam at the show but was told it would be early April before they would be available . We had a trip to Scotland planned and when it didn’t arrive we were loaned a display model sent to us by courier and returned the same way . During our trip we were told the new awnings had arrived in stock and as we were due to stay in London we arranged to pick it up from the warehouse in Leicester on route.
Must say can’t fault Khyam for customer service
I will try and screenshot the details of the main office in Leicester if you want to try there.
Our van has a full conversion Dan 4 berth with standard side kitchen layout. Youngest sleeps in pop top at the moment as it’s warmer nights but has used the cab double and driver seats as a bed and managed ok.
Think there’s a type of hammock you can use maybe that’s a possibility for the “sprogs “
Hope you get sorted
I never knew Khyam were based in Wigston, Leicestershire - we used to live about 10 minutes walk from that warehouse address.

Back