Show Us Your Awning Setup.

So I've just read the installation manual online as considering buying a Fiamma F45S and it says not to use it in the rain (!) Anyone know of a similar awning you can actually use to stay dry under in our beautiful English weather? At least 50% of the point of the awning for us is to sit under and keep the van door open when it's raining...

So I've just read the installation manual online as considering buying a Fiamma F45S and it says not to use it in the rain (!) Anyone know of a similar awning you can actually use to stay dry under in our beautiful English weather? At least 50% of the point of the awning for us is to sit under and keep the van door open when it's raining...
We use our F45s in the rain all the while - it's the main purpose of having it!! You just need to be mindful of the rain and/or wind and pitch it accordingly - we always drop one of the legs to allow rain to drain off without pooling and use tie down kits.

Used ours in the rain no issues as long as a leg is lowered to allow it to run off. We always unwind it to help it dry after a holiday if it got a soaking.

We use ours all the time in the rain, we put in the centre rail (bought as an extra) to stop the rain pooling and also drop one leg slightly.

As above - its quite rain proof.
Lower 1 leg
Use centre pole to create run off from centre.
Main concern is wind...... - as @Davenjo says ....use additional tie down straps with giant pegs!
You can also buy metal foot plates for the down poles - these anchor the feet very strongly into ground.
If very windy then wind it in.
Unless very sure of weather then also wind it in if leaving van for the day.
Too expensive to replace if damaged!

This is our kampa screenhouse , very easy to put , less than a minute on my own , loads of room, keeps the bugs out, comes with panels that attach over the mesh sides , storm steaps, stands up to a full blown welsh coast gale & downpour , was £180 form camperite.co.uk
However I really like the Outwell touring canopy setup , never satisfied ...IMG_20180810_151108376_HDR.jpg IMG_20180810_160842217_HDR.jpg IMG_20180810_151039280_HDR.jpg IMG_20180810_152955545_HDR.jpg l

Another vote for the Outwell Touring Canopy L. Quick and easy for short stays.£189 from Newquay Camping.For longer stays we have ordered a Kyham Motor dome Dub Hub.
IMG-20190222-WA0012.jpg

There doesn't seem to be many pictures of the Kyham Dub hub, These look brilliant, considering the versatility. Does anyone have one, or an opinion on one?
I thought I had settled on the Vango Galli for my little family to expand into but now I've seen this:
Khyam Motordome Dub Hub - Drive Away Awnings from Khyam UK
I can bring the bedrooms separately when required and even take all the sides off for an event tent style canopy, Or remove the ground sheet for a hardstanding pitch Seems the mutts but I'm a little worried no-one has posted about it....

There doesn't seem to be many pictures of the Kyham Dub hub, These look brilliant, considering the versatility. Does anyone have one, or an opinion on one?
I thought I had settled on the Vango Galli for my little family to expand into but now I've seen this:
Khyam Motordome Dub Hub - Drive Away Awnings from Khyam UK
I can bring the bedrooms separately when required and even take all the sides off for an event tent style canopy, Or remove the ground sheet for a hardstanding pitch Seems the mutts but I'm a little worried no-one has posted about it....
It looks like a very versatile awning that will give you lots of options - I really like the fully removable panels. One thing to watch is the extras, such as groundsheet, that will need to be factored in to the price.

Looks like a really nice site... but just found out its for adults only - that rules out our troupe, as we have an enthusiastic 11 yr old in tow. :cry:

Quick thread high jack. I've attached my awning rail with the supplied bolts following the instructions. I'm worried the washers will perish. Should I replace the supplied bolts with the bigger headed originals that will cover and protect the washers?

IMG_20190402_192439.jpg

Quick thread high jack. I've attached my awning rail with the supplied bolts following the instructions. I'm worried the washers will perish. Should I replace the supplied bolts with the bigger headed originals that will cover and protect the washers?

View attachment 40360
Should be ok, maybe worth putting a bit of clear silicon sealant on the threads to stop any water ingress.

Back