I'm so tempted to go 19s....may even consider 18s and lower my b14s right down :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I had 99% decided to switch my 18" sportiness for some staggered 19" Judd's but then something else caught my eye......

so what caught your eye then?

I've always liked the look and idea of steels, but wanted something wider than 7.5" - I know you can get banded steels, but that wasn't what I wanted.
I recently discovered that Weller Wheels are making and selling 17" steels for the T5/T6 in wider sizes and have got my name down for some. Check their details here: Weller Wheels Ltd

Last edited:
I'm running 19's and I have found that sweet spot after great expense.

The secret recipe:

30m Drop
19x8.5 ET45 all round.
Running 104 rated 255/45/19

Giving this as a look if it suits you.

View attachment 16846

The van never bottoms out, and it never rubs or catches.
I have gone across a field with no issues.
It's planted at speeds, yet very comfortable.
Laymen's terms it's 2 fingers between the tyre and arch at the front, and 3 at the back, giving tolerance for any extra weight in the rear if needed.
(oh and I don't have huge sausage fingers)
Really liking the look of your van @Tourershine. Can I ask, are the grey graphics on the sills custom made or aftermarket. Quite keen on the Panamericana theme but also like the look of the strip that you have for my silver LWB.

Really liking the look of your van @Tourershine. Can I ask, are the grey graphics on the sills custom made or aftermarket. Quite keen on the Panamericana theme but also like the look of the strip that you have for my silver LWB.

Thanks for the compliment.

I had a company I use for all my business sign writing make them up.
All I did was to give them a picture of the Edition Transporter, and they measured up my van and copied them exactly. You tend to find good sign companies will use really high quality vinyl, and these guys have.

The main reason I added the stripe, was to incorporate my business name/logo into the decal where it would normally say 'Edition' on the genuine VW ones. It's very discrete, and almost impossible to see unless you look, but that's exactly what I wanted. Sounds daft really, when you think it's potentially a mobile advert, but that's not how my business works.

If you have a Silver van, try looking at Satin Black as a decal, it works really well against the Silver.

As you can see, it's also on the rear as per the genuine Edition, but I guess that's optional, but the rear one does have the added benefit of protecting the paint when the van is filthy and my work colleague/brother puts his hands on the dirt to shut the boot, knowing finger prints in dirt on a boot drives me nuts! I keep telling him VW stuck a huge badge smack in the middle of the tailgate that fits the palm of your hand perfectly when shutting a Transporter rear, but he forgets.... constantly :mad: Just like him opening and closing his door with his wedding ring on and his club fisted fingers, leaving tiny scratches I have to keep polishing out on HIS SIDE ONLY.
Lee, if you're reading this.... You're sacked!

IMG-20171209-WA0011.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Wills, are the tires hard to get hold of ?, also is that a swivel chair i see, if so can you drive with it the faced that way, before any one comments i mean the passenger seat only

Thanks Bryan, I've chosen Dunlop SP Maxx 245 45 19 in 102's for my T30, which are readily available. It's the T32 guys that struggle with higher load ratings.
Well spotted re passenger seat swivelled. I'm unsure whether you can legally travel with it rear facing as with the 5th seat too.
(I've fitted Cali rails to accommodate the rear seat / bed and a flexible 5th seat)

Shoot, i am one of the T32 guys. Thinking about it i guess the seat belt would not fit correctly, its it a costly install fo fit the rails, i only ask as it would be nice to able to slide the rear seats back instead of being fixed.

My complete Cali install was cheaper than other manufacturers offerings. 3 SH Cali rails, as new T6 seat / bed, rear "parcel" shelf and mattress etc came in under £3K. I installed the rails myself as it's not that difficult. Setting the floor height is the trick to ensure it looks right.
It provided flexibility and to me looks the part too.

Back