Should I replace VW T6 (T28) rear Springs with T30 Springs... Benefits?

Doodlebug

NEWBIE HERE... Can I upgrade my rear springs on my T6 T28 panel van (65 plate), bearing in mind that I've just fitted a towbar, and I will be adding furniture soon into the rear (as part of its conversion into a campervan). Just 2 adults and the dog will travel in it, but I suspect the van will feel the extra weight and strain when laden as a camper pulling a small trailer (with it being the 102bhp power Highline model).

My T28 has the standard steel wheels: 215/65/R16. So I'm not looking for lowering purposes or to get a sporty look, or adjustable height etc. I just want the right rear Springs to best suit the van's intended use as a tow van (only small trailers), and it now becoming a campervan.

I've just been offered a set of used T30 springs off a 2018 plate T6. I'm told they've covered around 48,000 miles, and they have two white Markings and a green marking.
I just dont know enough about Springs & their rubber mounts to make an informed decision YET... like will they be better suited for my van?...will they fit directly onto my T28 mounts?... will they fit without me needing to change shocks etc...? How will the level and ride height/quality change if I am able to use those T30 Springs??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Your advice / ideas / help is very much appreciated!

Fitting T32 (or T30) rear springs is a very common upgrade to stop the rear sagging.

And should be a direct swap.

Just be cautious of the max axle weight the van is allocated on the weight plate.

Thanks so much JOG! ... He says fit my rear T30 springs, and see if it needs spacers to make van level afterwards (but only after all the camper kit is in it). He has spacers if needed too, and I should buy 2 new standard rubber spring mounts OEM from a VW dealer.

Hi welcome to this great and informative forum , I have a set of as new / unregistered van springs if your interested there you can have them if you want. Just if you want to pay the postage costs you can have them. There from a T30 . If you want me to get a postage cost give me a shout . Regards paul.

Hi welcome to this great and informative forum , I have a set of as new / unregistered van springs if your interested there you can have them if you want. Just if you want to pay the postage costs you can have them. There from a T30 . If you want me to get a postage cost give me a shout . Regards paul.
Thanks everso! But now I've been gifted some rear T30 ones locally. They are now on my T6, and I will later see what spacers it needs to levelher up after its fully converted.

Thanks everso! But now I've been gifted some rear T30 ones locally. They are now on my T6, and I will later see what spacers it needs to levelher up after its fully converted.
Hi and welcome!

Upgrading the springs will help. It would be useful to speak with @CRS Performance who is a well regarded suspension guru on this forum
Thanks! ...I did go and chat with CRS, and he's fitted some T30 rears on my T6. Later we will review what spacers it needs to level her up after its fully converted.

Reactions: CAB
Back