Coil spring advice

Owain

T6 Pro
Can anybody recommend or advise on choice of coil springs on the rear of my T30 transporter T6.

I just had a failed MOT for broken spring (on furniture/driver side). This was spotted at only 31k miles.

I would like to upgrade the springs. I do not want to lower the ride, but i would like to level up.

Looking on eurocarparts or gsf they just seem to have a choice of 2 types of spring. But if I look at....

There is about 61 spring variants listed. And a wide range of price.

As said i want to level up van, maybe make more resilient to speed bumps etc. And i want to do more that just 30k miles on a set of springs.

This is a T30. So i would expect it to easily handle motoring with a curb weight of 2.5 tons fully loaded. Or does T30 mean you can load to 3 tons but only for one day a year?

Note i am a pretty sedate driver. I go slow over those humps.

Can anyone advice on types of springs?

Better to see advice in the forum rather than use DM's. Means everyone gets advice.

So if i have standard vw orig springs/shocks and i want to level up, and avoid the brocken coil issue in the future. What should i look gor in the 60 or so coils offered by autodoc?

Or is are coil springs just a consumable like an oil filter on transporters. One just expects to replace every 30k?

Difficult to level up without some sort of coilover height adjustment. Eibach do a lovely spring set, Eibach Comfort with adjustable collars on the rear but will lower the van a bit.

T32 springs, loads in scrap bins at suspension dealers.
Unfortunately i was in a hurry. Paid garage to replace with new T32 springs; needed MOT and to use. I did see lots of spring sets on ebay though.

Back