What have people done to up plate their T28 to T30?

View attachment 161045
New plate received today, T28 effectively changed toT30 with no mods

Thanks to everyone who pointed to this change as a possibility, one less thing to worry about!
What were the axles before? I'm considering a tow bar and box, so interested in what the back axle was.

@Dellmassive. FWIW, I had my T28 up-plated by SV Tech in 2020 - see: https://www.svtech.co.uk. I was already aware of them and so sought out their stand at the Malvern show that August. They had a 'special show offer' of £250 cash which sounds like a lot but I seem to recall that their regular price for the job was nearer £400 when I looked into it back in 2019. After having a chat with the guy I went back to the car park and while my Mrs made a cuppa, I filled in a form / questionnaire about my van (which you can find on their website) and took some photos (including the current VIN plate and tyres / wheels). We went back to the stand and handed over the form and cash and copied the photos (luckily I already had the cash in my pocket). 2 weeks later, I had an envelope arrive in the mail with a certificate and new 'silver' VIN plate along with a set of instruction on what to do next - basically, stick the new plate somewhere on the van (not over the old one), send the certificate with the V5 to DVLA for amendment and tell my insurance company. In the end, a new V5 with higher weight limits came back 4 or 5 weeks later. Perhaps I should also mention that my wheels and tyres came straight off a brand new T32 and so are obviously load rated to about as high as a T6 can go but if you are going to do it, it's probably stating the obvious that your wheels and tyres also have to be up to spec as well and SV Tech will want evidence.

SV Tech LTD, just fill in the form available online, send it by post or email and photo of VIN plate, they will invoice you when done, pay by cheque or bacs and they send you a new VIN plate with instructions on fitting (you only get one chance at sticking it on apparently) and what to send DVLA to update the V5 to new revenue weight, cost was £280+vat. T28 to T30 is just a paper exercise with no mods needed as long as tyres/wheels have the correct or above load rating. One thing I`m not sure off although I did exactly what SV Tech said to do in the letter with the plate is to put new revenue weight in the box on the V5 and then COPY the page and send DVLA the copy even though it says send the whole V5 on the V5, we will see if it comes back OK, simple as that.

Quick update to this, just received new V5 with updated revenue weight to 3000kg and to confirm that they did accept the copy of the old V5 so all is good. Insurance said they would make a note of upgrade but no difference in cover or premium.

Hi
I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my T28 as part of the up plating process. I am looking for T30 springs front and back as suggested by SV Tech.
Does anybody have parts numbers for the springs??
I am struggling to find any.
I am not wanting to lower or anything other than upgrade.
Thanks
Andrew
Ebay are selling Brand new T32 springs for £70 a pair.
Apparently they take them of brand new vans so whether they are suspension upgrades or whatever but they have the pictures and you get the mounting discs with hem too.
I'm getting my new T30 soon so I've bought a set to compensate for the load ftom the conversion.
Better than paying 300 plus for a set.
The item number is 194683858345.

Worth a look if nothing else

Back