What have people done to up plate their T28 to T30?

ASW

Hi
I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my T28 as part of the up plating process. I am looking for T30 springs front and back as suggested by SV Tech.
Does anybody have parts numbers for the springs??
I am struggling to find any.
I am not wanting to lower or anything other than upgrade.
Thanks
Andrew

Hi
I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my T28 as part of the up plating process. I am looking for T30 springs front and back as suggested by SV Tech.
Does anybody have parts numbers for the springs??
I am struggling to find any.
I am not wanting to lower or anything other than upgrade.
Thanks
Andrew
I have a set of T6 T30 springs available.
beer happily accepted in exchange.

Talk to whoever will provide the upplating certificate for the DVLA (and the new ‘weight plate’) but you might find that you don’t need to upgrade the suspension. I certainly did not.

Hi
Yeah I could get my T28 upplated to 3000kg with no modifications but slightly more with uprated suspension. I need to do some work on the suspension anyway so thought I may as well upgrade it. The suggestion is T30 springs but I am struggling to find a parts number for rear springs.
Thanks

Hi
I am seeking advice, I am looking to up plate my T28 van and have contacted SV tech who have suggested fitting T30 rear springs.
This sounded straight forward, I have gone into VW who say there are masses of springs dependent on model, style, weight, number of doors (electric or not) etc and they are all colour coded, they are saying I would need the chassis number of a T30 that was similar to my T28 and order the springs on that number.
I have read previous posts on up plating and nobody else seems to have mentioned this.
I don't want to lower it, I can't afford air suspension I just want replacement springs.
What have other people done to up plate their T28 to T30.
Thanks

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Does anybody know of a similar company nearer Leeds West Yorkshire
Thanks

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Does anybody know of a similar company nearer Leeds West Yorkshire
Thanks
Thing with CRS is that Steve swaps out loads of T32 suspension for aftermarket upgrades.
Not only does he know which ones all the different springs are he will also possibly have some nearly new stuff that he has taken off, so may be a deal to be done.
He may not.
But it’s worth a phone call. And it’s worth the little trip from W Yorks if he can help.

I've contacted SV tech through the contact page from the website. Week gone by and they haven't come back to me. :)

[see new post: reply went in to junk box]

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve emailed SV tech and they replied that no mods were needed to upplate to a T30 from a T28, which I believe is correct. They are currently in the process of doing this for me. After I submitted the form via email they did miss the email so I had to resend it and then they responded within hours so it may be worth emailing the request again if you have no response.

Mine has CRS performance aftermarket suspension already by the way but I didn’t tell them that in the submission only tyre details etc

Judging by the number of threads on this. I think we should negotiate a forum discount with these guys! :)

9B7CC1A9-E4FA-47B1-B097-4BD717DF7237.jpeg
New plate received today, T28 effectively changed toT30 with no mods

Thanks to everyone who pointed to this change as a possibility, one less thing to worry about!

Quick response from SV Tech to my email enquiry
Very quick turn around too. Only problem now is dvla, I will need to hold on to my v5 until our trip to france in July as can’t rely on them getting it back to me in time

Yeah, I guess that the model doesn’t change even though it only really indicates as specifying the weight that has changed

Will the DVLA return the log book as a T30 or just change the Gross Vehicle Weight limit. Interesting to see.....

Back