Servicing Intervals Set Wrong

T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My van was sold on the long life service interval and I took out the VW service plan to cover the first two services. It’s a 17 plate van, the fist service was completed last April at 13 months / 14,500 miles. No issue with that, however, the service due warning has just appeared after covering only a further 6000 miles in 11 months, it’s showing time remaining of 25 days or 6500 miles. It would appear that the service indicator was reset to the standard service interval of 12000 miles or 1 year! No the long life!

What response should I except from the dealer or should I just reset the service for another year myself? Will this be recorded on the van / show as ‘missed’ service?

I expected that the service plan would have covered up to the first 40000 or so?...

Thoughts please

Hi,
If you have a diesel engine, you can return to your dealer and ask him to reset to the standard service interval.
The oil service that they use for standard and long life is the same 507.00.
In long life mode, you can do 40 000 km or 2 years. the first parameter reach will show service warning on the dashboard.

if you play with the MFD in the dash you can reset the long life back to 12mnths etc . . . I've done it myself twice now,

just run it back past the dealer and ask them to correct it.

Does the servicing have to follow the dash indication? Mine seems set to the long intervals but the first anniversary is approaching and I plan to have annuals.

Is it OK just to book it in on an annual basis and do I correspondingly need to ask the dealer to set the vehicle to the short intervals? Thanks

Does the servicing have to follow the dash indication? Mine seems set to the long intervals but the first anniversary is approaching and I plan to have annuals.

Is it OK just to book it in on an annual basis and do I correspondingly need to ask the dealer to set the vehicle to the short intervals? Thanks
The MFD display long life is a set timer that takes the oil quality into account.. and is the recommended service intervals.

You can do yearly if you like, the garage won't mind as you will be paying them for it. Ask them to set a 12mnth service interval.

From an engineering point of view shorter service intervals are beneficial for the van but more expensive for you.

Remember Long life service intervals are a sales pitch to reduce the total ownership cost of the vans. But modern oils and engines can deal with Long life.....

Back