Service intervals for a T6.1

Gary_M

VIP Member
Our T6.1 was registered on the 31st May 2023 and I’ve just received a call from VW saying it’s ready for its first service in April!
What’s the general service interval? It’s done 6800 miles if that matters.
Thanks all.

Everyone will have they own take, i do oil and filters every year, even thought i only do about 6k a year.
Also run posh diesel, does it make a difference no idea, but no problems on my 5.1 or 6.1 vans.

Thanks, it’s just after seeing this within the menu of my van I though the servicing schedule wasn’t yearly?

IMG_1255.jpeg

Long life service 2 years or 20k miles.
However, too many horror stories to
Keep the oil that long in your engine.
I bought my 2021 van in 2023 with 11k miles and it had an oil change just a after 5500 miles. Than again at 11000. I have serviced it again myself at 17000 miles and last week had an official Vw oil change at 22500 miles.
My suggestion is replace it every 6k miles or one year even if you drive less than that. This is the only way to prevent diesel dilution in the sump due to Dpf failed regen. Fresh oil is cheaper than replacing the engine.

Similar to @Crazymind we've decided to do "normal" servicing on our T6.1 and have it done every year, which is working out at about 9k so far.

This year's will be a little early as I want the service done before the end of the factory warranty just in case anything is on the edge.

So a first service at 12 months old, just an oil change? Can’t wait to see how much that costs!

Without plan it will cost you 275 squids
I wasn’t offered a service plan. I bought the van ‘new’ from VW. It was a stock van with 24 miles on the clock so I’m guessing that’s why? Is this something I could sign up for retrospectively?

If you have taken finance you have 2 services and MOT included. If not I am not sure you can do it now. The all in plan is for vehicles 3 years old, after end of the 3 Years Warranty. There might be an option. Check on the commercial website.

If you have taken finance you have 2 services and not included. If not I am not sure you can do it now. The all in plan is for vehicles 3 years old, after end of the 3 Years Warranty.
No finance. I’ll speak to VW tomorrow and ask about potential options. Thanks.

You can get a service only plan - that's what I did - they tend to crop up towards the end of the year at 20% off.

No need to talk to a dealer you can do it online direct and use it anywhere VW approved.

Check options here for your van:

Thanks, really helpful
They offered this, one oil service and one oil and inspection. Do I get to choose when they’re used? Oil in the next month or so and the oil/inspection 12 months later?

IMG_1257.png

AFAIK you just book the service you want and tell them to use it from the service plan.

I did the oil only service first so I can't say for sure!

Wow, I just used the link to see what my options were and the price I was offered was nowhere near.
See I needed to buy a plan before the vehicle got to 1 year old to get a better price.
I’m still undecided if I’m just going to avoid VW entirely and go with an Indy that has a good reputation.
IMG_0939.jpeg

Last edited:
If you go with an Indy just make sure you go with one that has equivalent access to the online service book, otherwise you'll have gaps in your history in the future.

Just spoke to Inchcape in Manchester who advised I was on a long life service (up to 2 years) and as as I’ve only done 7k miles in the last 9 months to keep it at that and not to revert to 12 monthly servicing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back