Service intervals for a T6.1

Sounds like Inchcape don't want your business...

The middle ground is to just go and get the oil and filter changed at a decent garage you trust that will use the right grade and let the "official" servicing believe you are on the long intervals.

Believe it or not it was a suggestion from a dealer.

The downside to that approach is that if you have a VW warranty of some level you may miss a chance for them to pick up an issue the warranty would cover. I doubt any garage will do any form of inspection if just asked to carry out an oil change.

Forget the robbing franchise dealers. Servicing is a very simple undertaking at a good Indy. Always had mine done by an Indy who follow the VW schedule, using only genuine parts and oils. Warranty is not compromised. I have the oil and filter done every 5000 - just had it done today. Paddock Performance in Trentham is my go to place. They have an immaculate set up with a very personal approach to customers.

IMG_2058.jpeg

I was just looking at mine as well, as it's also coming up to 1Yr old and I usually like a 6 month service at home/indi and a 12month dealer service.

Just over 8.5k on the clock and it's reporting the oil service is due in 5.7k km so roughly 3.6k miles. Which suggests 2 years or 12k oil servicing with a 2yr 20k Inspection?

Doesn't that mean it's going to be into VW at 12k (Oil), 20k(Inspection), 24k(Oil), 36k (Oil) 40k (Inspection) ? Feels quite messy!

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 16.47.56.png

Regarding servicing . Just one thing to note there is no legal requirement to use a franchised car dealer to maintain a valid warranty - that was a European ruling many moons ago - good thing too.
The requirements are that the vehicle has been maintained in accordance with the manufactures specific service schedule. I know that most people are scared that they may invalidate warranty issues by not having a main dealers service record - not the case . So you need to work with a reputable independent service centre. Over the years I have always trusted my independent over and above the big franchises who have let me down on many occasions . When I have sold vehicles my service history has been faultless which is generally what subsequent users look for. Support your local independent :cool:

Back