Service Schedule, Not The When - The What?

buchanan84

T6 Pro
Looking for service information on what gets serviced and when... Have seen the post that explains when you should get it serviced (mine is on the flexible system but will be doing it annually)
When I was looking into these vans the internet seemed to think the 4motion haldex should be done at 40k (on here 60k seems be the number) but no sign I'm in book that or it done at the last service..
Mine is also dsg so want to know when that is due, also cambelt etc.

Will be servicing it myself so want to make sure nothing was missed before I start

Cheers
Ian

I had the DSG oil in the T5 changed at 40k miles on the recommendation of the dealer (well he would wouldn’t he)
My T6 is on the flexible schedule & is booked in next week at 18k miles, but I had the oil & filter changed last year at 10kmiles for peace of mind. AFAIK, the “main” service next week is still only oil/filter/pollen filter. Nothing major.

Yeh that's the one I've seen
For the dsg and 4motion it just says when necessary and nothing on the timing belt
Fuel filter seems to be every second/big service, I'll probably do that every oil change same as every other diesel I've worked on :thumbsup:

Spoke to someone from the dealers today and...

Dsg oil and filter 40k 3yrs
4motion Haldex 40k 3yrs
Timing belt 85k 4yrs
Brake fluid 4yrs

Didn't seam keen on telling me much of the how and said they do something with their computer when doing the dsg..

A bit annoyed as it was just serviced by vw at 45k before I bought it and they've only ticked engine oil+ filter :mad:

My DSG oil was changed at 40k miles on advice of the dealer. It’s a 2 day job though :rolleyes:

My DSG oil was changed at 40k miles on advice of the dealer. It’s a 2 day job though :rolleyes:

They must have been busy that day, - shouldnt take that long.

Prerequisites
Engine off.
Vehicle level, all supports in lifting platform at same height.
Noise insulation removed.
Selector lever in “P”.
Vehicle diagnostic tester is connected.
At start of work, oil temperature must not be above 45°C.
– Engine is stopped. Do not start engine!
– Remove oil drain plug -3-.
– Remove oil level pipe -1- and allow oil to run out.
– Renew oil seal -2-.
– Tighten oil level pipe -1- until finger tight. Observe screw-in depth.
The oil level pipe comes in different lengths and colours.
If the oil level pipe is renewed, it is essential that the correct oil level pipe for the gearbox is installed.
Do not install the oil level pipe from another gearbox! The oil level pipe determines the oil level in the gearbox. Fitting a different oil level pipe can result in the oil level in the gearbox being too high or too low.
The oil level pipe can break between the thread and the collar.
Check whether oil level pipe is seated deeply enough in its thread. Check dimension -A-: 12.4 +0.2 mm between end of oil level pipe and support of sealing plug.
Carefully turn oil level pipe further if necessary until dimension -A- is reached.
Remove oil drain plug -arrow- from mechatronic unit.
hinweis.gif
Note
A further approx. 1.2 litres of oil will run out.
Renew oil seal -arrow- of bolt.
– Fit new oil seal onto oil drain plug of mechatronic unit, screw in oil drain plug and tighten to specified torque.
Screw adapter -A- from adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A- hand-tight into inspection hole.
Shake bottles before opening.
– Replenish gear oil and observe correct fill volume → Chapter.
So that the oil can run out of the bottle and into the gearbox, hold the bottle upside down higher than the gearbox, with hose connected and tap open.
– To change bottle, shut off tap or hold adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A- higher than gearbox.
– Start engine.
– Depress brake pedal, select each selector lever position for about 3 seconds and then move lever back to »P«.
– Do not switch off engine.
– Leave engine running and bring gear oil temperature up to 40°C.
– Disconnect quick-release coupling of adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A- with engine running.
– Let surplus oil drain out.
– When oil has run out (when it begins only to drip), unscrew adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A-.
– Check oil level

They must have been busy that day, - shouldnt take that long.

Prerequisites
Engine off.
Vehicle level, all supports in lifting platform at same height.
Noise insulation removed.
Selector lever in “P”.
Vehicle diagnostic tester is connected.
At start of work, oil temperature must not be above 45°C.
– Engine is stopped. Do not start engine!
– Remove oil drain plug -3-.
– Remove oil level pipe -1- and allow oil to run out.
– Renew oil seal -2-.
– Tighten oil level pipe -1- until finger tight. Observe screw-in depth.
The oil level pipe comes in different lengths and colours.
If the oil level pipe is renewed, it is essential that the correct oil level pipe for the gearbox is installed.
Do not install the oil level pipe from another gearbox! The oil level pipe determines the oil level in the gearbox. Fitting a different oil level pipe can result in the oil level in the gearbox being too high or too low.
The oil level pipe can break between the thread and the collar.
Check whether oil level pipe is seated deeply enough in its thread. Check dimension -A-: 12.4 +0.2 mm between end of oil level pipe and support of sealing plug.
Carefully turn oil level pipe further if necessary until dimension -A- is reached.
Remove oil drain plug -arrow- from mechatronic unit.
hinweis.gif
Note
A further approx. 1.2 litres of oil will run out.
Renew oil seal -arrow- of bolt.
– Fit new oil seal onto oil drain plug of mechatronic unit, screw in oil drain plug and tighten to specified torque.
Screw adapter -A- from adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A- hand-tight into inspection hole.
Shake bottles before opening.
– Replenish gear oil and observe correct fill volume → Chapter.
So that the oil can run out of the bottle and into the gearbox, hold the bottle upside down higher than the gearbox, with hose connected and tap open.
– To change bottle, shut off tap or hold adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A- higher than gearbox.
– Start engine.
– Depress brake pedal, select each selector lever position for about 3 seconds and then move lever back to »P«.
– Do not switch off engine.
– Leave engine running and bring gear oil temperature up to 40°C.
– Disconnect quick-release coupling of adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A- with engine running.
– Let surplus oil drain out.
– When oil has run out (when it begins only to drip), unscrew adapter for filling oil -VAS 6262 A-.
– Check oil level

They reckoned it had to be left overnight to drain properly

Hi - my T6 is currently on 43k miles as it approaches it's 4th birthday in may - I have it serviced every year (last service in Jan 2023) and it's in for it's MOT at my usual garage in 8 weeks

I've had the van from new and want to keep it as long as possible having had it converted etc

While the gearbox oil level was checked should I get it changed on 45,000? Seen some people say change every 40,000

Hi - my T6 is currently on 43k miles as it approaches it's 4th birthday in may - I have it serviced every year (last service in Jan 2023) and it's in for it's MOT at my usual garage in 8 weeks

I've had the van from new and want to keep it as long as possible having had it converted etc

While the gearbox oil level was checked should I get it changed on 45,000? Seen some people say change every 40,000
Assuming it’s a DSG (you don’t say if it is) VW recommend 40k miles/5 years.

Back