Sealant on roof... Odd ?!

Bodyboarder81

VIP Member
T6 Guru
DD658905-C2D4-4DDC-94BF-3CE9AF8DA87E.jpegHi all .... cleaning the van roof today and noticed this funny bit of what looks like seam sealer on the roof . Anybody else had this before ? Bit odd , as it obviously came from the factory like it , as it’s been sprayed over . It’s like someone has got a bit carried away with the sealer !

More likely to be whoever fitted the spoiler. They are not done at the factory. Any sealer applied at the factory will be done by robot.

Reactions: Loz
More likely to be whoever fitted the spoiler. They are not done at the factory. Any sealer applied at the factory will be done by robot.

but it’s been painted over/ in with the roof .... so not to do with the spoiler . Very weird

Have you tried peeling it back a little..? Is it primer underneath or the white top coat..?

If I peel it back it will break the paint .... it’s like it’s been done before it had its paint applied . Then sprayed over at the factory.... I’m not going to loose any sleep over it , as it’s not like I can see it and can’t see any issue in the future with it . Just very odd !

View attachment 76091Hi all .... cleaning the van roof today and noticed this funny bit of what looks like seam sealer on the roof . Anybody else had this before ? Bit odd , as it obviously came from the factory like it , as it’s been sprayed over . It’s like someone has got a bit carried away with the sealer !
Hi ...I’d take it back to the dealer and politely ask.....when the PDI (predelivery inspection) was done why was it not noticed...then ask so when the guys put the spoiler on ..again why not noticed ...but as @Deaky said can’t be the robots....which doesn’t fill you with confidence in the dealership........that’s terrible ...but it’s the inconvenience of having it put right...
push it for a freebie for the van ;)

Well I popped into my local dealer and they have said they will check it out . Booked in with their approved body shop and go from there .
The dealer where we bought the van has just had snotty phone call and email .....

The dealer has been utterly crap to be honest ....

When I got the van home I discovered

no wheel jack
No wheel brave
Wheel nuts not torqued correctly ( they fitted springs for me ... so new they had the wheels off )
Battery not even bolted down
Front spoiler not fitted correctly ( I presume it’s meant to have some brackets? Anyone have a pic ?)

absolutely shocking to be honest

Well I popped into my local dealer and they have said they will check it out . Booked in with their approved body shop and go from there .
The dealer where we bought the van has just had snotty phone call and email .....

no wheel jack
No wheel brave
Wheel nuts not torqued correctly ( they fitted springs for me ... so new they had the wheels off )
Front spoiler not fitted correctly ( I presume it’s meant to have some brackets? Anyone have a pic ?)

Can I pass on a tale of woe...brought a T32 and had lowered springs put on ....a while later front strut failed....turned out that the wrong rated springs had been fitted ...so I fully understand your frustration :(

no wheel jack
No wheel brave

Such a shame that some dealers continue to treat people this way. It’s just a complete lack of interest in anything other than making a sale.

Such a shame that some dealers continue to treat people this way. It’s just a complete lack of interest in anything other than making a sale.
Agree...Vw commercial are not seeing a growing trend towards private leisure drivers that want a bigger utility vehicle, all too interested in fleet sales and lease....I got mine from Manchester..( which are ******) but lucky to be not to far from Liverpool..and have to say the two are like chalk and cheese ...it’s difficult not to get mad but great to get even...i pushed and got £400 worth of side chrome fitted on the doors for free. Justice ;)

VW Marshall south oxford ......

Very very poor service .... I’ve emailed them with the list of issues and also told them I’ve removed the springs , as if they can’t secure a battery down and fit a spoiler correctly I have zero confidence that they fitted the springs right .... they can have them back and also I’ll be asking for a money back with regards fitting if the front spoiler

no wheel jack
No wheel brave

Happened with me when I got my van. I called the dealer straight away and complained. He said it could be under the passenger seat. I told him I couldn't see anything under the seat as there was a big metal cowling below it and he was to send me a replacement immediately. Which he did.
After several months I discovered that the passenger seat actually lifted up and there, low and behold, was the original jack and brace.

You spend 33k of your hard earned money ... not ticked up / leased / pcp etc .....but my money and you get this level of service . It’s put me in a right mood now !!

Happened with me when I got my van. I called the dealer straight away and complained. He said it could be under the passenger seat. I told him I couldn't see anything under the seat as there was a big metal cowling below it and he was to send me a replacement immediately. Which he did.
After several months I discovered that the passenger seat actually lifted up and there, low and behold, was the original jack and brace.
You might need two as the quality is debatable considering the weight they have to lift....I’ve invested in a trolley jack ;)

My jack broke the first time I used it. Van was empty but the top part of the jack sheared off. Luckily I hadn't taken the wheel off.
Went straight out and bought a 3 ton bottle jack but it beggars belief that the jack supplied by the manufacture is not fit for purpose.
And don't even mention the leaking windows. 3rd set now and they still leak. Many other niggles, door seals splitting, comfort closing works when it feels like it, HPFP is now on its way out.:mad:

I love my van but I have zero confidence with VW as a brand. I've had Golfs for many years but I won't buy another as I just feel that everything is penny pinching now. Gone is the quality in the VW brand.

My wife also always bought Audi's but when we recently changed her car we opted for a Jag.
I may only be 1 customer but I'm sure there are many more people like me who are deserting the brand due to the penny pinching and poor quality.

It says a lot when Skoda is probably the most reliable car in the VAG range.

Such a shame.

My jack broke the first time I used it. Van was empty but the top part of the jack sheared off. Luckily I hadn't taken the wheel off.
Went straight out and bought a 3 ton bottle jack but it beggars belief that the jack supplied by the manufacture is not fit for purpose.
And don't even mention the leaking windows. 3rd set now and they still leak. Many other niggles, door seals splitting, comfort closing works when it feels like it, HPFP is now on its way out.:mad:

I love my van but I have zero confidence with VW as a brand. I've had Golfs for many years but I won't buy another as I just feel that everything is penny pinching now. Gone is the quality in the VW brand.

My wife also always bought Audi's but when we recently changed her car we opted for a Jag.
I may only be 1 customer but I'm sure there are many more people like me who are deserting the brand due to the penny pinching and poor quality.

It says a lot when Skoda is probably the most reliable car in the VAG range.

Such a shame.

IMO these vans should be delivered with a small bottle jack and a jacking pad for soft ground.
Luckily the first time I tried to lift my standard unladen Kombi it wasn’t a necessity so I waited until I had a decent trolley jack.
The scissor jack certainly isn’t fit for purpose. As for removing wheel bolts at 180nm with that pathetic wrench.....

Back