Marshall Volkswagen - South Oxford

IestynD

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So, I'm the guy that bought a Van from Marshall VW in Bridgewater. For one reasson or another it went to my local Marshall for some work, 3 days after picking it up, only to be told it needed oil, a new battery, needed brakes (disks and pads) all round "desperatley", and the air bag light resetting.

VW Bridgewater sold me a van without rectifying the issue brough up on the pre delivery inspection report to maximise their profits. It was a BIG fight to get them to fix it.

So, as you can imagine, my experiance/opinions of Marshall VW were not good.

I'm taking the time to write this positive review of Marshall VW South Oxford as i honestly couldn't be happier. My van is the T32, 2ltr twin turbo. It started drinking oil like a thirsty thing... 4Ltrs in 2k miles.
Marshal South Oxford had the van straight in, gave me a curtesy van (brand new t6), and we had to perform an oil consumption test, where they replace the oil and filter exactly noting how much oil was put in. They seal the filler and sump plug, I then drive for 1,000 miles and they meassure the oil that comes out. If it uses more than 1Ltr they can make a claim.
We did that test once and the warranty company asked for it to be repeated, given the new engine bill was going to be £7000+ we could hardly object.

The test was carried out again, and again it failed - The same day they submitted a warranty claim for a new engine. The next day it was approved.
This time they put be in a brand new Golf Plus, which was at my request to have rear seats suitable for child seats.

The service guys at Marshall are managed by a chap called Steven Lord, he seems to care about his business and their reputation, they are a young team and they bent over backwards to keep me updated on progress. The technican was available to chat through any concerns and at the end of it all i have my van back with a brand new engine. They even replaced the DPF as it had been put to work cleaning up the oil that was leaking into the engine. Yes it was all covered under warranty so no cost to them, but the service element was brilliant.

Really friendly, energetic people, and very easy to work with.

So, I'm the guy that bought a Van from Marshall VW in Bridgewater. For one reasson or another it went to my local Marshall for some work, 3 days after picking it up, only to be told it needed oil, a new battery, needed brakes (disks and pads) all round "desperatley", and the air bag light resetting.

VW Bridgewater sold me a van without rectifying the issue brough up on the pre delivery inspection report to maximise their profits. It was a BIG fight to get them to fix it.

So, as you can imagine, my experiance/opinions of Marshall VW were not good.

I'm taking the time to write this positive review of Marshall VW South Oxford as i honestly couldn't be happier. My van is the T32, 2ltr twin turbo. It started drinking oil like a thirsty thing... 4Ltrs in 2k miles.
Marshal South Oxford had the van straight in, gave me a curtesy van (brand new t6), and we had to perform an oil consumption test, where they replace the oil and filter exactly noting how much oil was put in. They seal the filler and sump plug, I then drive for 1,000 miles and they meassure the oil that comes out. If it uses more than 1Ltr they can make a claim.
We did that test once and the warranty company asked for it to be repeated, given the new engine bill was going to be £7000+ we could hardly object.

The test was carried out again, and again it failed - The same day they submitted a warranty claim for a new engine. The next day it was approved.
This time they put be in a brand new Golf Plus, which was at my request to have rear seats suitable for child seats.

The service guys at Marshall are managed by a chap called Steven Lord, he seems to care about his business and their reputation, they are a young team and they bent over backwards to keep me updated on progress. The technican was available to chat through any concerns and at the end of it all i have my van back with a brand new engine. They even replaced the DPF as it had been put to work cleaning up the oil that was leaking into the engine. Yes it was all covered under warranty so no cost to them, but the service element was brilliant.

Really friendly, energetic people, and very easy to work with.
Refreshing to hear a good news story and always better to be able to communicate with the person doing the job and not the smile in a suit.

Back