SD card slots

If it is faulty rather than a repair I would seriously consider using Carplay through the head unit if you can. its really good.

Last edited:
RESOLVED! Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I actually downloaded the latest version of the database (Version 16 at time of writing) onto one of the several VW SD cards that I now have (!!!) and lo and behold it worked! I have no idea why, frankly, but if you encounter a similar issue then that would be my advice. I’m even more surprised that it resolved itself given difficulties I’ve had when trying to download updates from the VW site before. Anyway, there you have it

Reactions: CAB
651FFEFC-1A7D-4873-AE72-C45A23552E44.jpeg
Hi all, does anyone know how the sd card slots are numbered on this unit please?
I’m trying to find out which one is sd1 .
Thanks

Hi , thanks for your help , I’ve been doing some digging online and I think you’re right that the left hand slot is sd1.
Cheers

Hi , thanks for your help , I’ve been doing some digging online and I think you’re right that the left hand slot is sd1.
Cheers
Sorry but assume you are downloading music on the SD is this being done for free or you paying as I am trying to find a free download so I can save onto a SD card cheers

Sorry but assume you are downloading music on the SD is this being done for free or you paying as I am trying to find a free download so I can save onto a SD card cheers
I needed to know which slot was sd1 as I had bought an sd card to activate app connect and the instructions said It had to be inserted in sd1 . I wanted to be sure of which slot it was incase something went wrong by using the wrong one !
All sorted now …. App connect activated

I needed to know which slot was sd1 as I had bought an sd card to activate app connect and the instructions said It had to be inserted in sd1 . I wanted to be sure of which slot it was incase something went wrong by using the wrong one !
All sorted now …. App connect activated
Hi @AdamT which slot was it? where did you get the card / download from? I'm thinking if can I activate App Connect and replace my starting to fail digitiser screen I may not have to spend $00s on a stereo upgrade!?

Hi @AdamT which slot was it? where did you get the card / download from? I'm thinking if can I activate App Connect and replace my starting to fail digitiser screen I may not have to spend $00s on a stereo upgrade!?

Hi @TeeCeeJay , it was the left hand slot . I got the sd card from vision coding , really easy to do , took about 5 minutes once I was confident which slot to use !
Also you mention your touchscreen is failing … funnily enough I’ve just replaced mine using information found on this forum .. also relatively easy to do and the repacement touchscreen was only £11.99 from eBay !
Don’t make the same mistake I did though as without realising I ordered a tinted/ anti glare screen and now the display is a little bit less bright
You will need some quite small torx drivers to disassemble the head unit , I think it was T7 and T8, but dont quote me on that and also a trim removal tool to get access to remove the head unit …
Torx screws also to remove the head unit which I think were around T20 .
Feel free to message me if I can help any further !

AD7BBE27-0C12-43AD-B388-379CD6AFF886.png

Hi all, does anyone know how the sd card slots are numbered on this unit please?
I’m trying to find out which one is sd1 .
Either slot can be used, it doesn't matter

Hi @TeeCeeJay , it was the left hand slot . I got the sd card from vision coding , really easy to do , took about 5 minutes once I was confident which slot to use !
Also you mention your touchscreen is failing … funnily enough I’ve just replaced mine using information found on this forum .. also relatively easy to do and the repacement touchscreen was only £11.99 from eBay !
Don’t make the same mistake I did though as without realising I ordered a tinted/ anti glare screen and now the display is a little bit less bright
You will need some quite small torx drivers to disassemble the head unit , I think it was T7 and T8, but dont quote me on that and also a trim removal tool to get access to remove the head unit …
Torx screws also to remove the head unit which I think were around T20 .
Feel free to message me if I can help any further !

View attachment 225216
Thanks. Think I'll give it all a go!

@TeeCeeJay not sure how to share a thread on here so here’s an image of the thread I got most of the info on the touchscreen replacement

View attachment 225220
Click on either the three dots, the Apple share icon or highlight and copy the web-address and paste away.

IMG_5489.jpeg

Click on either the three dots, the Apple share icon or highlight and copy the web-address and paste away.

View attachment 225221

Brilliant .. thanks @Ads_Essex :cool:

Back