VW Sat Nav Map Update without SD card

The map data is on the SD card...

What radio have you got.?

Post a pic of it.

Is it a T6.1?

As that's different

I did go through that long thread, but couldn’t find how to update without having an sd slot on my head unit.
Hi, Did you find out how to update the maps?

Youtube showed an SD lost in the glove box. But that does not exist in the T6.1 I have.

So I am at a loss how to update the maps on the satnav.

In the 6.1 it should update itself over the 4G/LTE connection. AFAIK that's not the paid data you can add, but the data that is part of the WeConnect subscription. If you enable the setting it should also prioritise updates in the areas you regularly drive in.

If you want to do it manually there is a procedure to download the map update to a USB stick. You'll need a USBC one or an adapter and use the dash USBC (the rear ones are power only) we got this double ended one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07YYJRXQR

VW Link to updates:

I haven't done it yet myself as our Caravelle is still new enough to be in the inclusive WeConnect period and everytime I tried and checked the downloaded update on the USB stick was no newer.

In the 6.1 it should update itself over the 4G/LTE connection. AFAIK that's not the paid data you can add, but the data that is part of the WeConnect subscription. If you enable the setting it should also prioritise updates in the areas you regularly drive in.

If you want to do it manually there is a procedure to download the map update to a USB stick. You'll need a USBC one or an adapter and use the dash USBC (the rear ones are power only) we got this double ended one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07YYJRXQR

VW Link to updates:

I haven't done it yet myself as our Caravelle is still new enough to be in the inclusive WeConnect period and everytime I tried and checked the downloaded update on the USB stick was no newer.
Hi, Thank you for the reply - This is super helpful - When you say "the dash USBC" - Where is this located? I have two plugs next to the cup holder. But cannot see others.

Gerard

Those are the ones. Sorry "dash" was a bit ambiguous. In our Caravelle we have 2 more USB-C in the back on the C pillar.

Simple test to make double sure is to put a few MP3s on a stick and make sure the head unit will play them. Then you know everything is good connection wise before you start trying to see if it will find the update.

Again not actually completed on ours but experience from other firmware updates is that the low level stuff doesn't like complications. Try to use brand new usb stick that's not been used for anything else and try to stick to low capacity. Ideally try to not to reformat it.

Back