Think I've killed my Discover head unit

La Dodgy Vita

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon all.
So, as a rainy day project I thought I'd update my radio station logos.
I downloaded the latest software from VW's website onto an SD card, inserted said card into SD card slot and system tells me that there is new software on the card.
So far so good, but the system seems to have locked up somewhere and I'm now stuck with this screen.
System won't even turn off now.
I have rebooted several times using the on / off button but still the same screen appears.
I've also just pulled the unit out and disconnected / reconnected the quad lock but still the same screen appears.
Also tried swearing profusely but that didn't seem to make any difference either.
Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.
Cheers

Discover 28.3.24.JPG

Thanks - I updated maps to the latest version a few months ago with no problems.
It's an update of the "core" software that's caused the problem.

Aplogies. Maybe one of the files on the card is corrupted? Did you note the software version before the upgrade?
Maybe try format another SD card, download the firmeware again and load to the new card.
Hope you get something sorted.

Understood. I thought maybe it was stuck looking for a file hence the suggestion but if you've tried that I'm out of further suggestions.
Hopefully someone who has experienced this and found a fix will be along shortly.

Back