SD card slots

Carp catcher

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have just bought a new sat nav sd card from Sat Nav Sytems. They upgraded the radio to the sat nav system some time ago.
The issue I have is when I put the new sd card I get this message on the screen.
When I put the old sd card back in, everything works fine.
I have spoken to them, & they sent me out another sd card, which is doing exactly the same as the first one.
Any ideas?

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

I suspect that they have sent you a ‘valid’ card but without the map data on. If you have access to a computer it’s simple enough to do and also look at the card to see what, if anything, is on it.
why did you buy a card, you could have just updated the existing one?

Thanks for the responses.
The reason I bought one was two fold really, my computer skills could fit on the end of a pin, & the sat nav systems card has the speed cameras on it.
I will speak to them again on Monday, & I may take up Pauly's offer.

Update on the sd card.
On my down to Portsmouth this morning I went into sat nav systems. All sorted, my original sd card had a green dot on it which meant the card had to be configured differently. I did not ask what the green dot meant though rather stupidly!

5D910193-DE1F-438F-B8B1-B2463D336E52.jpeg

Hey @Carp catcher, pleased you’re sorted.
Useful for others to know and look out for.
What did you need to do in Settings?
Andy

The nav on my 2018 T6 keeps stating 'Navigation database not available' despite trying 3 different VW SD cards and also trying a soft reset by holding down the on/off switch. Has anyone else experienced this problem and managed to resolve it?

Just a thought, and please take this the right way, but you are using the correct slot (left hand one) for the card?

Thanks Nige. I’ll be honest, I didn’t think it mattered and the dealer who sold the van to me actually put the original SD card into Slot 2 and it’s worked fine until last week. I have, however, tried the several SD cards I now have in both card slots and soft reset each time. Still not resolved the issue.

Was it working until you took the card out?
the card goes into the left slot assuming you have this unit - well I have always used this one and just assumed the right hand one was for music files etc. Happy to be corrected
DA4A8DF3-D130-4C5A-8E75-AF98D1E337FA.jpeg

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter which SD card slot is used.

Have you tried a normal SD card with music on it?

I’ve had MIB units develop a fault which stops them from being able to read the Nav data. Sometimes, a software update can cure it but not often.

Lastly, do the SD cards have the correct Nav data on them?

Was it working until you took the card out?
the card goes into the left slot assuming you have this unit - well I have always used this one and just assumed the right hand one was for music files etc. Happy to be corrected
View attachment 174935
Just suddenly stop working for no reason. Turned the ignition on, opened Sat Nav, put in address, GPS working, calculated route, started directions and then literally as soon as I set off that message came up on the display. I have done a fair trawl if the internet before posting on this forum and it looks like it is a common problem on VAG vehicles (Audi, Seat, VW Golf (interestingly no Skida’s apparently)) so don’t know what to make of it tbh.

Slot 2 on the right is the correct slot for the nav database !!

I was joking, someone said slot 1 so i felt we needed a bit of balance, probably should have put a smilie on there to show that :)

I was joking, someone said slot 1 so i felt we needed a bit of balance, probably should have put a smilie on there to show that :)

The humour filter has suffered a catastrophic failure, time to reboot! Lol

Back