360ian

Hi all,

I recently fitted the Rusty Lee sliding double seat base from TransporterHQ. The seat base is absolutely brilliant and it's so easy moving the seat round with the slider on it but Im having trouble locating the bolts back into the securing positions after swivelling. The rear 3 seems to locate no problems but the front 2 are more tricky, I can usually get one in after some shouting and swearing but the second bolt, nearest the drivers seat, just wont locate properly.

Has anyone else found this? Can anyone share some advice please!?

TIA

I've got the same seat mechanism. Like you say, absolutely fantastic.

As for locating the pins, I tend screw each of them in a little bit to get them holding, which also allows you to wiggle the base a little if others aren't locating quite right. I tend to do the two pins (one front, one rear) on the door side as that seems to square it up well.

I had one. Similar to above, but my tip would be to line up the one in the front nearest the passenger door.. turn it in a couple of turns… then go to the rear and line up the complete opposite on the drivers side with a couple of small turns. It’s then a doddle to line up in full. I also keep a van of GT85 in the door with a micro fibre, which I spray around the base before opening and closing so it’s slides better. But if yours runs true and sweet then you wouldn’t need it.

Thank you both for your replies. I will have a play with the seat and use the suggestions you have both made! Hopefully Ill be able to get it sorted better as at the moment it stresses me out trying to get it screwed back in place!!

Help I'm changing my single seat to a double there are only 4 bolts and 2 are not long enough can you get longer floor bolts and will 4 be ok to hold the rusty lee swivel plate

Help I'm changing my single seat to a double there are only 4 bolts and 2 are not long enough can you get longer floor bolts and will 4 be ok to hold the rusty lee swivel plate
Are you sure you want to swap a single for a double?
Single seats are far more desirable and for good reasons

Back