Roof-Spoiler removal

so possibly just bonded on . . . ?

i have the barn door version . . it has a bolt.

OEM Sportline from day1

1636822998969.png1636823017128.png1636823026407.png

DSC_0216.JPGDSC_0215.JPGDSC_0214.JPGDSC_0213.JPG
Posting these in case they are useful to someone else as I struggled to find this info.

Factory fitted spoiler on my T6 Highline. As noted by others they are bonded on, with two metal locating pins on either side.

Mine self detached in the end which saved any work with a heat gun and fishing line

DSC_0213.JPG

View attachment 148112View attachment 148113View attachment 148114View attachment 148116
Posting these in case they are useful to someone else as I struggled to find this info.

Factory fitted spoiler on my T6 Highline. As noted by others they are bonded on, with two metal locating pins on either side.

Mine self detached in the end which saved any work with a heat gun and fishing line

View attachment 148115
Thank you for the photos. Were you able to clean up the tailgate ok after removal? I'm thinking of taking mine off but worried about hideous eyesore underneath. Thanks very much

Mine's a factory Highline spoiler on a 2016 (tailgate) T6, the spoiler came loose and I removed it with fishing line as it was insecure.
I had none of the bolts / locating lugs, nor did they use what looks like double sided tape on the images above, just the black bonding stuff, which as everyone knows is a nightmare to remove.
Still making my mind up whether to refit it or just leave it off.

Looking to remove a tailgate spoiler that’s been bonded with adhesive (to add a bike rack) Don’t want to damage the paintwork so any advice will be appreciated ....

What did you put in the hole either end ? Roof blanking bolt fit ? Thinking of taking mine off but worried about causing any damage

What did you put in the hole either end ? Roof blanking bolt fit ? Thinking of taking mine off but worried about causing any damag

DSC_0057.JPGI didn't actually do anything, I've just left the plastic insert with a hole in the top of the tailgate.

Looking to remove a tailgate spoiler that’s been bonded with adhesive (to add a bike rack) Don’t want to damage the paintwork so any advice will be appreciated ....
I have the same issue/dilemma would be interesting to hear how you got on.

I’ve moved your post to this thread as it’s something covered and advised on, and see you didn’t get many views with the title and sub-forum placement.

In short, a thin wire such as fishing wire used with a sideways action should cut through adhesive with minimal damage to either the van roof or the spoiler itself.
Bear in mind that you may actually find some not-so-obvious screws fitted, as @Lukavell did when removing his.

Welcome to the forum and Good luck!

HI all, I'm keen to remove my bonded tailgate boot spoiler so i can fit a bike rack.

any tips/hacks would be much appreciated...

thanks

dunc.

It might not be easy by the looks of it:

Be aware that if it's a factory fitted tailgate spoiler you will likely have a locating hole drilled at each end of the spoiler. The factory fitted spoilers have threaded locating pins.

I used a tool from a local bodyshop to take my tailgate spoiler off, they also use them for cutting out bonded windscreens.

**Edit** Just found the tool I used, it was this one -

Link

Last edited:
Be aware that if it's a factory fitted tailgate spoiler you will likely have a locating hole drilled at each end of the spoiler. The factory fitted spoilers have threaded locating pins.

I used a tool from a local bodyshop to take my tailgate spoiler off, they also use them for cutting out bonded windscreens.

**Edit** Just found the tool I used, it was this one -

Link
i reckon that will be worth a go, thanks for finding/posting that.. :thumbsup:

Back