Roof-Spoiler fitting

Blimey. I see what you mean. Looks great. Maybe all the blue ones I see are really all green. Haha.

Reactions: Eli
I’ve just ordered myself a tailgate spoiler from TPS that’s pre-painted in deep black pearl. I’ve had a read of the various threads about fitting these spoilers and I’ve decided not to drill the holes in the top of the tailgate, it just seems unnecessary o_O

I’ve seen people using dinitrol and sika 252 to bond them on, I’m just looking for some advice as to what would be best? And any other consumables I’d need. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers :thumbsup:

I’ve just ordered myself a tailgate spoiler from TPS that’s pre-painted in deep black pearl. I’ve had a read of the various threads about fitting these spoilers and I’ve decided not to drill the holes in the top of the tailgate, it just seems unnecessary o_O

I’ve seen people using dinitrol and sika 252 to bond them on, I’m just looking for some advice as to what would be best? And any other consumables I’d need. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers :thumbsup:

Hi
I have a black rear tailgate spoiler on my black van
I used tiger seal from Halfords , thick black mastic , you put it in a silicone gun
Very strong , have been through car wash a few times with it , no probs !

I cant find them on the TPS website. Got a link?

Cheers @Jason Stancliffe and @DaveBos - I’ll definitely just bond it on :thumbsup:

@Skyliner33 I just gave them a call with the part number. I paid roughly £215 inc VAT for a tailgate spoiler pre painted in deep black pearl. I know some branches won’t sell to the public anymore but my local branch at Carlisle are more helpful than the local parts department at VW.
Thanks do you have the part number? Or is it different for different colours? I would need just a primed one (to paint blue)

We use a sika type adhesive and primer onto the paintwork/spoiler. Good standard preperation. Dont put too much on, you want it to stick but not to ooze out.

Cheers
Ian
Eclipse Campers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Make sure both surfaces are totally clean and wax free, a rub with a red scotchpad or similar wouldn't go a miss on the 2 surfaces. (only where your putting the adhesive!)

Its a primer. Its part of the system for the adhesives we use. Similar to window fitting, too expensive for a one off use. Use a polyurethane adhesive and just key up with sandpaper or the like, thoroughly de grease and add adhesive. You'll be fine:D

Panel wipe first, scotch, panel wipe then primer if you feel the need. Sikaflex etc will still work well without primer, up to you!

Panel wipe first, scotch, panel wipe then primer if you feel the need. Sikaflex etc will still work well without primer, up to you!
Yes it will but recently we used a wurth adhesive without primer and it just peeled off. So wont use that again

Lots to consider, also don't do it in cold conditions, make sure adhesive is at room temp at least. After panel wipe, clean residue left on surfaces.
Don't put adhesive on too thick and let it cure as per instruction. Leave it in the sun will help it to cure quickly (if there is any!) or indoors.

Sorry to go on, but that's how l work. Do it properly or don't bother.......

Back