Roof-Spoiler fitting

Stixall , £5 a tube from toolstation.

It’s made by Sika and has held my spoiler on solid for over a year now. Can’t see it ever coming off .

I just wiped the surface down with a wipe first .

I use the stuff at work and the black one seems to be super strong and retains a certain rubber like feel when cured .

Good stuff

Stixall Adhesive & Sealant 290ml Black

That was mine that came loose from previous poor fitting. Reattached with this polyurethane adhesive;

Puraflex 40 High Modulus PU Sealant & Adhesive 300ml White

As advised by the other posters, cleanliness and keying the surfaces is essential. Also clamping the thing during drying. My spoiler was non-OEM, and I had to weight it down to ensure contact during drying. It's been solid ever since. (There is some cardboard between the tiles and the bodywork.:thumbsup:, this was Easter Saturday, and trying to find anything to hand.)

gluing on.jpg

If anyone ever wants a tube of stixall or puraflex my company does a lot of business with sika sure I can get a sample box out of them for us

Top trumps!:)

Stixall vs tigerseal

Can pick up stixall in clear for about £6 from toolstation or tigerseal in grey from europarts for £10. Fitting a tailgate spoiler (PU) to indium grey van. What’s the best option please?;)

Top trumps!:)

Stixall vs tigerseal

Can pick up stixall in clear for about £6 from toolstation or tigerseal in grey from europarts for £10. Fitting a tailgate spoiler (PU) to indium grey van. What’s the best option please?;)
Or stixall clear from me for free If you send you my address I have loads of sample tubes at work mate

I used it on my iridium grey caravelle

I used black stixall on my OEM spoiler .
It’s not budged . Great stuff , use it at work way to much !

Or stixall clear from me for free If you send you my address I have loads of sample tubes at work mate

I used it on my iridium grey caravelle

Cheers mate, but my mommy said not to give out my address to strangers! :speechless:

I want to give it a go on Monday so I’ll grab some tigerseal from the local supplier!

Thanks all again! Think it’s about time to go V.I.P!

Installing my new tailgate spoiler tomorrow. Bought some Tiger seal. Just wondered whether people keyed both the top of the tailgate and the spoiler? Hate the idea of sanding the tailgate.

Cheers

I’m about to do the same , it’s still at the painters but I won’t be keying the tailgate you won’t need to as long as it’s clean , that tiger seal is unreal and the spoilers weigh nothing really

In the booth yesterday bonded on today , just need the lower sport line front bumper and splitter now

After many months of deliberation I finally went for a Transporter HQ OEM style spoiler. I’ve just got it back from the paint shop and my question is now, do I need to prime the surfaces before I apply the tiger seal? The paint shop has left the surface to be attached slightly rough and I will obviously clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol first. TIA

I’ve bought an OEM spoiler from Vanstyle and it comes with this gasket.
if I glue it on, do I need the gasket ?3EAF41F6-D01F-4529-A0E4-F4B09188BBAC.jpeg

I got a Vanstyle spoiler and still used the gasket when gluing on. Seems to sit better with the gasket plus if you put glue on the inside of the gasket (in each of the compartments), it stops the glue from coming out. Why not dry fit it with and without to see what you think?

Remember to weigh it down/clamp it whilst the glue cures - I used cat litter put into carrier bags placed at regular intervals along the edge on the roof (left them overnight).

Good luck.

I got a Vanstyle spoiler and still used the gasket when gluing on. Seems to sit better with the gasket plus if you put glue on the inside of the gasket (in each of the compartments), it stops the glue from coming out. Why not dry fit it with and without to see what you think?

Remember to weigh it down/clamp it whilst the glue cures - I used cat litter put into carrier bags placed at regular intervals along the edge on the roof (left them overnight).

Good luck.
What brand of cat litter would I be best using.....

Evening, I wonder if anyone can help? I’ve started unboxing goodies that have arrived for my new T6 due to arrive later this week and the rear tailgate spoiler came with the fixing studs and some stick on foam? I thought these needed bonding on? Can anyone help with best way to secure these spoilers please?
Thanks

Back