Roof-Spoiler fitting

Thanks! That’ll save me drilling anyway!
Mine came with the 3m double sided tape, bonding and studs. I gave the studs a miss because I didn't want to drill the tailgate. 12 months later it's still firmly stuck with the tape and bonding.

That’s great thanks, mine hasn’t got double sided tape just foam single sided padding for want of a better description?! I think I’ll just bond it....seems to be preferred method

Waiting for our T6 and looking at goodies, the VW garage quoted us £450 inc VAT to add a spoiler on tailgate
That’s insane isn’t it, I’ve had more things turn up today! Hoping to see the actual T6 by the end of the week and then the real fun begins!!

That’s insane isn’t it, I’ve had more things turn up today! Hoping to see the actual T6 by the end of the week and then the real fun begins!!

Yeh it is. I’m just waiting for the last bit of money in my account to hand it over next week I’m thinking this may get silly, (he) is already suggesting this that and the other is needed on this vehicle. I’m only on an NHS wage

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Yeh it is. I’m just waiting for the last bit of money in my account to hand it over next week I’m thinking this may get silly, (he) is already suggesting this that and the other is needed on this vehicle. I’m only on an NHS wage
Haha! Well it doesn’t all need doing in the first couple of days does it? Some things can probably wait a week or so?!

Will you ever want to fit a genuine high line bike rack? The spoiler won’t allow it. There is some stuff on you tube where a guy fits the roof rack and then cuts the spoiler to fit - he does a pretty good job, but it would be a a bugger to unbind and then try to sort.
just saying!

Will you ever want to fit a genuine high line bike rack? The spoiler won’t allow it. There is some stuff on you tube where a guy fits the roof rack and then cuts the spoiler to fit - he does a pretty good job, but it would be a a bugger to unbind and then try to sort.
just saying!
Hi, thanks for the advice, I did a similar thing to my last T5 and made it a detachable spoiler! I’m going for towbar and bike rack on that as and when.

Have a look at the Leighton Vans (lvparts) spoiler. They sell them colour coded (unfitted) for about £260. That’s not a bad shout

£450 sounds really expensive for a genuine spoiler ?
Depending on colour , vw supply ready painted , pretty sure well under £200 . Local windscreen fitter should be a good bet for low cost option to bond on .

Hi, I’ve just received my painted rear t6 spoiler and wondering what kind of adhesive to use. I’m wondering if it needs to be specifically for vehicles or any reputable adhesive would do the job?

Thanks

Hi Everyone, is sikaflex 252 good enough for fixing a rear spoiler ? Will I need to sand the paintwork first or just straight on ?

Thanks

Back