Which Reversing Camera?

I can vouch for the Kenwood kit from @Absolut5. It's a good kit and quite straight forward to fit. I'm not sure which headunit you have but assuming you can fit a camera it will most likely need coding.

I bought my OEM retrofit kit from EUcarsystems (link below). Service was great and it is installed and working as it should with the VW head unit. There are several different options available so be sure to select the right one (barn door/tailgate/LWB/SWB etc). I saw a few negative reviews of VAGTEC so i avoided them.

Thank you @Big.mac and @Dellmassive for the pointers on this. Today my OEM retrofit kit arrived... now to suss out a sensible cabling route that doesn't destroy the interior and brave taking a drill to the tailgate :eek:

Hello T6forum,
due to I find no answer in german T6 cummunity I ask here.
A Friend of me bought a T6 Combi and bought Sony double DIN Radio with a Rear View Camera.
On VW Sharan (my car) a Fuse with Kl.15 give a switchted 12V signal to BCM
On which pin of the BCM is the input signal from the reverse gear switch?
Sorry for my not correct English.

With kind regards
Peter

Hello T6forum,
due to I find no answer in german T6 cummunity I ask here.
A Friend of me bought a T6 Combi and bought Sony double DIN Radio with a Rear View Camera.
On VW Sharan (my car) a Fuse with Kl.15 give a switchted 12V signal to BCM
On which pin of the BCM is the input signal from the reverse gear switch?
Sorry for my not correct English.

With kind regards
Peter
If he purchase a plug and play CanBus adapter to fit the Sony to the T6 there is a good chance the CanBus adapter has a reverse feed on it.. normally a purple wire

also picking up a reverse feed from the light or BCM will cause the screen to flicker

I would echo this, have had dealings with them and they are awful, they will lie to you and pretend to be in the UK etc etc, they are not, all they want is your money and they will not help if theres any issues
Dodged a bullet then! I almost bought from these guys but walked away when my product queries went unanswered.

Went with CarSytems.eu. They’ve been great in communication. Camera due to arrive this week.

Dodged a bullet then! I almost bought from these guys but walked away when my product queries went unanswered.

Went with CarSytems.eu. They’ve been great in communication. Camera due to arrive this week.
Same here arrived last week, yet to fit!

To add a reverse camera to my VW head unit without paying daft VW prices I used this loom:

With this camera:

The results are great, plays nicely with my parking sensors, the music quietens when reversing as before, and the picture quality in both day and night is as good as you’re ever going to get on these Disco screens.

Ok so an early finish today, some added daylight meant I couldn't put it off any longer. Needless to say it's a chew on but I'm really happy with the result (so far...).

A few top tips
  1. Plastic strimmer cord proved such useful way to find a route as well as use as a pull cord from the tailgate hinge grommet in three routes (into the door, down to the light, and forward down the nearside side of the van at roof level avoiding the pop roof).
  2. The tailgate 'bump rubber thing' can be removed with a quarter turn with an adjustable spanner as a VERY useful halfway point to get round the corner from the base of the rear window into the internal rear door. I found this out after spending 30 minutes battling on with various pulling, poking and encouragement with very tired arms (I had my first vaccination today!).
Camera is in and looking tidy, and the cabling is pulled to the led ceiling light closest to the cab.

While the rear door was apart also took the opportunity to
  • Run a spare cable coiled and taped up inside the rear door all the way to the front - figured even if just used as a pull cable figured a future me might appreciate it.
  • Wired in a push to make 'exit' switch (parallel wired to the outside button) for quiet exit in middle of the night without sliding the door.
  • Filled voids in the rear door with insulation, figured every little helps!

Remaining steps
  • Final cable route from rear of door hinge fish/pull down the passenger a pillar and across to the centre of the dash
  • Cabling up at the head unit. I need to work out where to pick up the 12V live in there too.
  • ODBeleven coding
I've conquered the fear... fingers crossed it works!

20210528_211408.jpg

Whoop - it works! took some fiddling but got it working… having realised that just pushing the blades into the back of the quad lock wasn’t enough, you have to pop out the connector block, flip open the sides and they lock in. ODBeleven coding done, sorted! I dropped the +12v down to the fuse box, last job is wiring it in neatly.

Good Day,

I have a 2015 T6 that does not have a reversing camera: I would like to fit one/have one fitted. Atter trawling Youtube and ebay, I am totally confused by the different types/technologies out there. Ideeally, I would like to use, if possible, the original, existing, VW head unit. There is a very good Youtube video of someone doing this, but he is installing it in a Pioneer unit. The manual that came with the vehicle appears to be a generic volume, for all varieties of T6 - e.g. it covers 'Navigation', but mine has no such facility.

On the screen I get the following information - 'Device Part No 5K7035200E 'Hardware H22' 'Software 0245'

Is there anyone out there who could tell me if this head unit will accept reversing camera input feed? Perhaps refer me to any relevant Youtube, or other, helpful videos?

Thanks

Your headunit will take an OE camera ok
If you have a tailgate then the camera is cut into it above the number plate, if you have barn doors then it goes into the plastic above number plate

This place is a good reference for whats available and price range

Back