Reverse Camera Coding?

I think you’re alright with the passenger side loom. That’s what I did.
I've tried the green black cable In passenger side roof loom and the 2 x green black cables down by the rear light on passenger side and it still doesn't show. Coded in all correctly, so I'm lost now? I'm 100% sure all other wiring is correct aswell it's just the yellow one I'm unsure about..

I've tried the green black cable In passenger side roof loom and the 2 x green black cables down by the rear light on passenger side and it still doesn't show. Coded in all correctly, so I'm lost now? I'm 100% sure all other wiring is correct aswell it's just the yellow one I'm unsure about..
Oh man. Sounds rough.

I traced the wire from the brake light back to the loom to be sure. I think it was green with black stripe. I connected mine at the top rear passenger corner. I don’t know why you have more than one green with black?

Then the other wire just needs power. I took it from the head unit.

i have just fitted a rear camera and am trying to code the modules 5f and 10

5f coded correctly, but every time i try to code 10 it comes back error, and will not take the coding change

its a factory sat nav, 4 wheel drive version with tow bar and electrics fitted

Are there any companies close to Ellesmere Port that will fit a genuine vw reverse camera on my 2021 T6.1 for s reasonable price. Had quotes fro conversion companies down south for £450?

Sounds like a realistic price, what were you expecting ?
There will be options that will affect the price like barn door/tailgate or fixed/moving guidelines

Hi. The price is fantastic and that’s what I would like to pay. The genuine kit is £217 on the Vagtech site I would have liked to get it done locally. If not I can go on a camping trip. My camper has a tailgate and I only want the lowline kit so hopefully I can find someone yo fit it for me.

Yup. A good price. Not an easy job…

Managed to do mine myself, but that was with an empty panel van.

Thanks. I might try threading a thin rope through the roof to see if that is possible before committing.
I fitted my reversing camera prior to conversion. Running the wires was easy, as was access to the necessary feeds for power and reverse signal.

Post conversion, I realised I should have also fitted my rear dash cam!

Running the wire for the dash cam was annoying and took ages, but was totally fine. Hardwired behind the dash, up A pillar, across headlining, along the edge of the roof behind the lights. Getting through to tailgate through the grommet was tough. And through the tailgate is fairly easy.

What I predict could be tough, is wiring into the reverse feed from the taillights. I did this inside the back corner if the van. I’m very sure my wires are now inaccessible. There might be another way, at the front of the van. I took power from under the steering column I think.

Not wanting to resurrect an old thread, but I found this thread very helpful when installing an aftermarket camera system supplied by @Dav-Tec today.

It was installed on my T6.1 and I did find that I was able to code module 5F as expected, but module 10 (PDC) was actually 76 on my van and it had the settings to change to say the rear view camera was installed. Just thought it might be worth adding this in here, in case other people come across the same things.

Hi. I have just had a software update done on my t6.1 van. I had a genuine vw reversing camera fitted that worked but now it does not work. Using vcds to code it back in but I have no option in 5f, but I do have the option in 10 to mark as installed. Code that in but still not working. Any ideas ?

Evening All,
Has anyone got instructions how to code a newly fitted reverse camera.it is a genuine Vw camera. I have just had my transporter converted to a camper and the engineer has just bought the software but has not used it before.

Kind Regards
Harry

Depending on age of vehicle, the coding will either be in coding or adaptions.
Older stuff was always a coding change to activate options, whereas the newer vans / cars need an adaption change.

Depending on age of vehicle, the coding will either be in coding or adaptions.
Older stuff was always a coding change to activate options, whereas the newer vans / cars need an adaption change.
Hi Phil,
It is a 19 plate T6 Highline. Thanks for your help

Are there any coding tweaks that can be made to either keep the camera on longer or enable it when you press the parking sensor button? I've seen another vw have this feature but can't recall the details.
Thanks

Back