Hi all, for the people who have fitted O.E front parking sensors were you able to drill the holes into the middle grills or did you have to replace the grills with PDC holes?
Just wondering if you could buy the part that pokes through the grill where the sensor fastens into.
Thanks

The mounts and sensors are available individually but if you buy a replacement grille it comes with the hole in it and the mount already attached

Thanks Pauly, DRL's in the grills already fitted just trying not to replace these.

Would you have the part number for the mounts in the middle grills?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes but will need to look them up, send me a pm tonight to remind me and will see what I can do

Hi all,

I am thinking about buying the OPS retrofit kit and self installing the system, does the kit include the location measurements for the sensor placement in the rear bumper? If not can anybody help?
I'm assuning correct placement is essential for them to work correctly.

Thanks in advance

Tanzi

Depends what and where you buy
If you buy a proper T6 kit then it comes with replacement panels with all the sensor holes cut and mounted ready to fit you just need to remove the bumper and swap the panels/wire it up

Hi Pauly,

Thanks for replying.

I was looking at getting the full kit advertised in the forum shop. I see that you get the replacement panels for the front but it's the rear bumper placement I'm concerned about. Dont want to cock it up!!

Depends what and where you buy
If you buy a proper T6 kit then it comes with replacement panels with all the sensor holes cut and mounted ready to fit you just need to remove the bumper and swap the panels/wire it up
I’m not sure whether my TPS salesman messed it up but my replacement rear bumper came without holes, even though I’d asked for that derivative. The locations were marked out on the inside, so I used one of those gradient (fir-tree shaped) drill bits to bring it out to the 17mm or whatever it was.

Nice, easy retrofit and works perfectly without coding.
I was lucky I got most of the parts needed from another forum member.

Hi All

I've brought front bumper loom and PDC sensors to retro fit front park assist onto my van. I have a tool to cut/punch holes into my existing bumper but I need the glue on bumper brackets. Does anyone know the part number for them?

Whist at it, does anyone know the part number for the switch and connector?

You only use a punch tool on the rear bumper, all the front sensors are mounted on panels and the mounts come pre fitted to the panels with holes already there (the holes are not circular)

Thanks Pauly. I guess I need to look out for the trim parts on ebay.

Is their a harness extension available from the front PDC harness to the Parking module or do I need to make one from scratch?

Yes there is, it covers the front sensor link then the dash button and front speaker, will see what i can dig out

That would make things easy.
I've brought the front PDC sensors which came with the bumper loom, and the park 8k module so far.

The bumper inserts vary from £15 to £70 on ebay. I bet they aren't much from VW.

Not 100% but the more expensive one looks like both halves and you already have the bumper loom ??

Back