good morning
I am fitting the rear parking sensor kit.
Anyone tell me where the wiring goes?
from the rear left corner you go inside the panels and get under the driver's seat?
Thank you

you will need a VAG hole punch for the rear bumpers, I havent started doing mine yet, but same as yours, from car systems.

Hello,

First, sorry for my not perfect english, I come from France, I will do my best to write a good english^^

I Have just reserved my first T6 Transporter, i pickup it next week.

It's a 204ch 2017 4motion in business line with some options :
Sat nav, Full Led, front assist, and somes others things...

I will add a trailer bar (I read that I need to know if the van add the prewiring option or not to buy the good harness), if you have some website in europe to buy the good parts, I appreciate it, but I think, I will found what i'm looking for with no problem.

But, I would like to install a reverse camera, that I can see on my head unit.
- I have read a lot on this forum, and in fact that my T6 has the Sat Nav, i think the unit is the Discover Media, so no probelm to retrofit a camera.
What kit to you recommand ?
I see this : NEW VW T6 - Rear View Camera KIT - Swing Doors - With Guidance Lines - Retrofit -
Or this NEW VW T6 - Rear View Camera KIT - With Guidance Lines - Retrofit - 7E0980121
For swing Doors, but whats the differences ? just the camera mounting ? Is the first kit camera allready mounted on the number plate light bracket ?

I read a lot of topic from Robert on this forum, and read that he recommand a pionner camera ? Rober, can you sell this camera ? or give me some informations ?

Oher thing that I would retrofit is the Front PDC.
- I have read somes topic too, and found this kit : New 2015 VW Transporter / Multivan - T6 - Park Pilot Front w. OPS - UPGRADE KIT

But don't know what sensor holder bracket I need...
My van has antifog with painted bumper :

a5e950a61821a59823b2d0d255a9499105c06a06.jpg
And other thing From Robert too, he recommand upgrade the PDC module to have the system automatically activated, I will appreciate it !
So I think I need this module : VW T6 - Adapter + Module 1K8919472A - Upgrade

But If I buy this module, I don't need the module 8K in the precedent kit : PDC OPS Module 7E0919475AA 8K - Front & Rear - Transporter T6 - Multivan T6 - Upgrade -
I'm Right ?

So It will be better to don't buy the entire kit and buy separatly all parts ? 1k8 module, 4 sensors and brackets, and harness ?
sensor : 5Q0 919 275 B or 4H0919275 / 1S0919275C / 1S0919275 ?
Bracket ??
harness : Front Bumper : VW T6 / Multivan - PDC - FRONT - Park Distance Control - Front Bumper - Electric Harness
Central Front : VW T6 / Multivan - PDC - FRONT - Park Distance Control - Central Electric Harness or need the Central front and Rear ? to replace the actual central ? : VW T6 / Multivan - PDC - FRONT & REAR - Park Distance Control - Central Electric Harness

Need the switch with the 1K8 controler ?
Need the buzzer ?

Other things that I have forgotten ?

And last Question, what do you use to code all theses upgrade ? with Vagcom, VDCS... (OBD câble ?)

Thank you a lot !
Cheers,
Flavien

Hello,

Just back home 2 days ago with my T6 !
20210505_142035.jpg
Really happy to do 700km with it !
Just a problem, the front assist and Active Cruise Control (ACC) doesn't work...
I just see the front sensor has go a little crash on it because one fixing clip is brocken and one of the two fixing screw on the bracket is brocken too... And on the last service invoice, I see a front immatriculation plate was replaced because it was brocken... Will constact the seller soon. I have refixing the sensor but I think he need replacement or recalibrating...
20210507_175246.jpg

Others Things, I just looked at the PDC module and I have this module :
20210507_180624.jpg

And the BCM is PQ25... and not PQ35 but I have Sat nav (Discovery media ? I'm right ?)
20210507_181929.jpg

In this fact, Can I upgrade the PDC module to 1K8919472 ? To have the automatic activation of the front sensor when I will retrofit it ?
Or need to Upgrade to PQ35 too ?

And last question, I don't know if I have the prewiring option for the Towbar, How can I see if I have it ? and Where connect the wiring if I have it ? behind the rear light ? Just remove it and see nothing...

Thanks,
Flavien

Reactions: CAB
And last question, I don't know if I have the prewiring option for the Towbar, How can I see if I have it ? and Where connect the wiring if I have it ? behind the rear light ? Just remove it and see nothing...
Tow bar wiring preinstalled from factory - that would be identified by code 1D7 on configuration label (under dash, driver's footwell) (1D0 would mean no tow bar prep).
The wiring plugs would be by left D-pillar (by left rear light but inside van, behind side panel).
Some more --> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/westfalia-tow-hook-pin-out-question-lost-here.27217/post-377871

Thanks for your reply, just see on I Have 1D0 code... so no prewiring option.
Will buy a complete specific 13 pins wiring :)

Wait to have more infos for the PDC and reverse caméera to buy the goods parts and do all jobs in one time :)

Flavien

Reactions: mmi
Hi, I retrofitted front and rear PDC so the ecu was included in a kit. You will need the 8K ecu to get the front PDC to work along with a front speaker and on off switch in the dash.
If you have a painted bumper, the PDC sensors fit in the removable trim panels surrounding the fog lights and the outer ones in the side central removable trims. I have the upper trims with PDC holders which I didn’t need as mine is a startline basic bumper.
PFJones in the UK is a good supplier of removable Westfalia tow bars and OEM wiring kits.

You can get all the bits you need for the PDC upgrade and the rear camera from these guys. All genuine VW. There are various options (tailgate/barn doors, LWN/SWB for example) so make sure to pick the right kit for your van.

Hello all! I have a new T6.1 that came with standard rear sensors and a standard radio/screen - not the fancy bigger screen.

My van has the black plastic bumpers and I’ll take some photos later to illustrate.

I’d love to have front sensors, I’m not used to the size of the van yet when I’m in tighter spaces.

Is that something easy to add myself with an on/off switch?

Hello all! I have a new T6.1 that came with standard rear sensors and a standard radio/screen - not the fancy bigger screen.

My van has the black plastic bumpers and I’ll take some photos later to illustrate.

I’d love to have front sensors, I’m not used to the size of the van yet when I’m in tighter spaces.

Is that something easy to add myself with an on/off switch?

Hey dj, at least on the T6 there are two different PDC versions, one for rear and one for front/rear. Have a look here: T6.1 (2JG) - PDC Kits & Parts

Reactions: dj_
I'm trying to purchase the upgrade for my parking sensors, biggest problem is i cant really grasp which one I need. Doing the physical work isn't the issue its making sure I order the right one.

I already have rear sensors and front fog lights. So I've narrowed it down to these two sites;

and

Both seem identical kits however Vagtec also mention providing sensor holders.
Vagtec seems to offer painting for the sensors but from my eyes I cant figure out why i would need it as they go in the replacement trim parts you get and are black as standard.
I've also heard of a few people having a bad experience with this site before.
Am I missing something here?

Whereas carsystems do not offer any painting for the sensors or no mention of the trim parts yet show them in the photo. I have emailed carsystems providing my vin before I order yet they haven't got back to me.

Is there anyone here that could help me out and find the correct one, either by me providing the vin of my van or had experience with either of these companies before I potentially order the wrong ones.

Many thanks in advance.

I have bought and fitted that exact from carsystems and it works fine, they do offer sensor painting if required they just list it in a different section under accessories whcih can be added to an order if relevant (which it isnt for you)

Dont be fooled by vagtec, they are not in the uk despite their .co.uk website address, they pretend to be but are not and post from europe, if you need to contact them they provide a UK mobile number to a phone that is also not in the UK and if there are any problems then they will be very unhelpful and are unlikely to assist you (can you tell i have had bad experiences from them !)

Used car systems loads and never a single issue

Depends what you are doing, if you buy a complete kit it will come with a module already programmed for its purpose
If you are adding fronts to an existing system then no coding is required you just swap your old control module with the new one, if you are fitting a complete new system then you will just need to add the new control module to the gateway installation list using a coding tool like vcds

Ok, thanks that really helps. I currently have read sensors, I plan to add front ones and hopefully a reversing camera.

Hi, recently bought a 2018 T32 highline and it has rear parking sensors which come on when in reverse and graphic disabled on vw original head unit for sensors
I’d like to add the same for the front
Is this achievable / easy to do and what specifically do I need to buy to achieve this. Any specific websites or product codes, approx costs etc

I’d like it to link in the same as the rear on the head unit also when parking
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back