This is my 8k ECU, oringinally from a Passat.

upload_2020-4-2_9-43-32.png

I'm wondering if a 3AE-919-475 should be a 7E0-919-475 ?? I was hoping all 8K modules were the same. My 4K ECU works when I refit if, but obviously without the front PDC.

I guess my next step is to try another ECU.

What does VCDS say ?
Your saying no errors but is the module seen ? Does it respond ?
It should be showing errors if its not connected up properly and it uses the P button to display those errors

My guess would have been that it will work fine as its the same part

VCDS is strangely showing only one fault - Steering sensor which I've not seen before.

I get a beep when I activate the PDC (in VCDS or reverse), but nothing appears on the screen and none of the sensors are working. On VCDS all the sensors show infinite distance.
If I disconect a front sensor, I get an message to say it's missing. So the ECU knows all the sensors are there.

I haven't connect a P button yet. The kafutec kit came with the wiring for the switch so I could bridge it to trigger it. Where will it show errors, on the screen?

The vcds scan would shows errors but if theres anything wrong with the park system in general then it flashes the light on thew P button to indicate this

VCDS is strangely showing only one fault - Steering sensor which I've not seen before.

I found when i had a steering angle sensor fault (caused by replacing the stalks) it cased other a few other things not to work correctly (stability control light on and and TPMS issues for example!). it might be worth trying to re-calibrate that to get it off the list and try again.

Depsite being on here, I'm actually working from home. I'll take a look this evening and upload my VCDS scan.

This is my 8k ECU, oringinally from a Passat.

View attachment 64766

I'm wondering if a 3AE-919-475 should be a 7E0-919-475 ?? I was hoping all 8K modules were the same. My 4K ECU works when I refit if, but obviously without the front PDC.

I guess my next step is to try another ECU.
Aup mate, I’ve recently done this to my Audi A6. The parking modules all had different specs on. Eg rear display only, or rear sound, or rear sound and optics. No coding is needed if the parking module accepts what you want and all the wires are connected up and kufatec

I had front sensors fitted recently. Mine had to be coded. In normal operation the fronts will only work either by pressing the dash button or by selecting reverse first, i.e. if you are doing a forward park with no reverse you have to use the switch or they don’t operate. (I highlight this because other vehicles I have had don’t work this way). Picture attached of the controller module used.
B35F87BC-0F43-4204-8663-D632C72EC014.jpeg

Do you know what capabilities that module has?
Not really beyond that it integrates into my head unit and shows a visual display either overlaid on the rear camera or not depending on whether I’m reversing or not. It obviously has a beeper as well. Does that answer the question?

41BB6D3E-F288-4D1A-B336-DFF964A545E7.jpeg61D095E4-A971-49AA-B4CB-F56A55D9AE41.jpeg

in the process of installing speed cameras before I have to change my park assist than choose between:
7e0919475N and 7e0919475aa
thank you

I am just fitting my front and rear PDC kit.
The front loom in the first picture as Pauly said is just the engine side. There is a nice grommet block for getting the wires through to the cabin which I used to run the LED range motor loom along with fog and PDC loom.
I ran the left LED headlight range motor loom through the grommet which would be used for a LHD bonnet pull Bowden cable and ran it across inside so I don’t need to fit an additional multi pin connection to allow the front of the van being removed during maintenance work.

2B5CC576-1F25-4314-AF3A-FD437FA72063.jpeg

6702C263-0534-456F-B443-C9019ABC29D0.jpeg

60F1052E-B827-4D53-809E-16C1A863BBE0.jpeg

21D1ED6A-7C66-4331-A4EB-C5CA86EC3E9F.jpeg

37CF5A59-2648-42B5-8490-4FA24C5886AE.jpeg

B23A7204-8641-4B89-95C7-477237E3153F.jpeg

I’m retro fitting front PDC using genuine parts. I’ve got the bumper loom in with the plug next to fog light plug. Where is a good place to come through the bulkhead To the 8k module ?
Thanks

Follow the loom up by the headlight, back across the side of the engine bay with the existing wiring/tubing then through the bulkhead behind the black metal plate that hides the suspension top nut

Hi guys, does any one know if this can be fitted to a 2018 van with a full ABT kit on the front end? thank you in advance.

Steve

front.jpg

near side.jpg

side.jpg

Hi guys, does any one know if this can be fitted to a 2018 van with a full ABT kit on the front end?
Can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t. If you buy the kit it comes with the panels pictured below which you just replace. Both of these look accessible on your van. The new panels come pre-fitted with the sensors. You could probably cut the holes in the existing panels and fit the sensors but the upper holes are not round which makes it a little trickier. From memory, if you pop the panel out you will have the hole position marked on the back of it.5D1CA0B9-D76C-46AE-B3AA-08F5A209932D.jpeg7B06EB42-42AF-4CCA-BC7A-BCA09A341F0A.jpeg

Info for those with startline bumper:
Start line needs the fog cutout trims as shown in Big.mac’s lower picture (on mine as retrofitted fogs) but the top trims In his picture can’t be used. (As bumper is solid).
I removed the sensors from the trims and used my PDC hole kit and fitted the sensor without the larger outer holder. So now it is smaller like the sensors fitted in the rear bumper. NB the sensors are the same size, it’s the holder that is different. I didn’t want to file out the bumper to fit the larger holder as if and when I remove the sensors, I can just fit a couple of blanks from eBay rather than having to leave the sensors in or having to replace the bumper.
See my pics:
The larger holder is from the genuine fog trim in my bottom picture.
The smaller PDC is in the start line bumper is the correct spot (marking on where to fit on rear side of the bumper so you get it in exactly the right position).

11FAEA6A-F298-4BA5-965D-5B8EA65B0CB8.jpeg

34AECCD1-2703-4B7E-9E32-920E0C975002.jpeg

Last edited:
would anyone happen to know the size of the hole required to fit the parking sensors into the lower grille.

Turns out the holes are not round, but have a mounting plate on the back . The hole has 2 flat sides on it. Easy enough to do with a step drill and a half round file

Back