Well i've had a sunroof fitted in my T6 as i really like them and have to say i'm very pleased, really adds some natural light to the cab and will be great in the summer when not using the aircon as the glass can come out completely too.
So if any of you were maybe thinking of getting on installed i would recommend it :)

View attachment 106413

View attachment 106414
Looks spot on that pal.....
I'd be having the same if it wasn't so far away
I've also had problems with sliding/panoramic roofs leaking in the past, but these pop up ones should be ok if they're good quality rubbers
I've seen on his website that he does mobile fitting.......I thinking can guess the answer if I asked him if he would do one in Sheffield though!! :rolleyes:

I've also had problems with sliding/panoramic roofs leaking in the past, but these pop up ones should be ok if they're good quality rubbers
I've seen on his website that he does mobile fitting.......I thinking can guess the answer if I asked him if he would do one in Sheffield though!! :rolleyes:
No mate you should ask him, he goes all over the country and says when he’s in your area, so peeps meet up with him and he does several at once. Makes it worth his while then

May be worth his while if he does a few in the same Yorkshire venue in a day. I'd happily travel down to Sheffield for a fitting.

May be worth his while if he does a few in the same Yorkshire venue in a day. I'd happily travel down to Sheffield for a fitting.
I've sent him an email asking if he's ever around Yorkshire to let me know as there might be a few to fit at same time
Will let you know the reply :thumbsup:

If you look at his YouTube vids they look very neat

He's not doing mobile fitting anymore.....
I'll look at tying it with an overnight stop the next time I'm camping down that way

Screenshot_20210303-111106_Gmail.jpg

Genuine question.

I don't see many vans with either factory fitted or retro fitted sunroofs.

In the 70's and 80's everyone retro fitted sunroofs to every vehicle so why not T4/5 to 6s?

They're prone to leaking, allow the sun to heat up the cab unless you have a sliding cover and we have aircon. More hassle then benefit these days.

Webasto do a range of factory looking tilt and slide and panoramic sunroofs for retro fitting. Roof systems

I like the sunroof in my Mk2 Golf, but then that has no air con. We bought a Tiguan last year that has a big pano roof. I use that quite a lot too. Perhaps it's the novelty and I use it because it's there, I'm not sure.

Mmm... interesting, cheers. Wonder best way to confirm this. I'm basically looking to retrofit a sunroof but assumed the thing would just need a can openener and sikalflex, didn't consider a purpose-built aperture with threaded locators et al. If anyone else know please chime in, I'll try speak to pop tops & VW and see what I get.

Tower on the hill looks nice!

Is it a Webasto one. I've heard good things about them.

I like a sunroof, but still remember the ones every windscreen place in the land was fitting in the 80's that would leak within a year.
Yeah mate Webasto would recommend

Mmm... interesting, cheers. Wonder best way to confirm this. I'm basically looking to retrofit a sunroof but assumed the thing would just need a can openener and sikalflex, didn't consider a purpose-built aperture with threaded locators et al. If anyone else know please chime in, I'll try speak to pop tops & VW and see what I get.

Tower on the hill looks nice!
Of course the roof is different, it’s the same as any steel sliding roof setup, it’s a cassette to give a space for the sunroof to slide into.

You’ll not be retrofitting that unless you fancy changing the entire roof skin for a su roof one!!

Best set your sights on a standard pop up retrofit panel.

I think you'd be lucky to get one. I've been looking into it and webasto have stopped making them, at least that's what the 4 companies I spoke to said. It's a shame because I had a Webasto Hollandia fitted to my old T5 and it was excellent.

Hi guys I have just joined and was wondering if anyone know if it’s possible to fit a electric sunroof in my 2017 T6. Hope someone can help.

You can have a manual one fitted no problems.

I think @VanDamMan had on fitted.

Retrofit full electronic sliding roof can be done...... But you will need deep pockets...

You might want to get a quote first.....

You got AC?.... Or just like the full open sun roof.

Also consider the problems with sliding sunroofs with blocked drains backing up and leaking water in to the cab and causing damage.

Back