Jamie2.0

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
As the title says really, I see it can be done but just wondered if there any pros and cons with getting an after market one fitted?

Anyone with first or second hand experience?

Thanks

J

I remember in the 80’s early 90’s there used to be quite a few places doing retrofit sunroofs. There were also a lot of reports of cars filling up with water when it rained/ went through the car wash.

I was hoping the reliability of black sticky and rubber seals might have improved since the 80's....but a hole in the roof is still a hole in the roof.

So step away from the tin opener!

Afternoon ya’ll, anybody know if it’s possible to retro fit a sunroof in a Kombi?
Ideally a full length one, front to rear seats etc etc. Probably not made that very clear but hopefully ya get what I mean

Based in on near Yorkshire if there are any recommendations of fitters for such things
Merci

Well i've had a sunroof fitted in my T6 as i really like them and have to say i'm very pleased, really adds some natural light to the cab and will be great in the summer when not using the aircon as the glass can come out completely too.
So if any of you were maybe thinking of getting on installed i would recommend it :)

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

Is it a Webasto one. I've heard good things about them.

I like a sunroof, but still remember the ones every windscreen place in the land was fitting in the 80's that would leak within a year.

looks good . . . but with as all sunroofs in the UK . . . . .

Keep the drain tubes unblocked or expect a water leak !!

i personally don't like sunroofs on any car/van for that reason . . . on any make or model.

The drain tubes always get blocked with debris.

Wet carpet, ruined headlining, Blown up ECU (in my last BMW), electrical issues. etc. etc. etc.

so just keep a good eye on things. . . . out of interest - where did they run the drain tubes out?

is it a Main Dealer fit or 3rd party?

wish you well with it and many happy bone dry years of use

That looks like a pop up one that closes onto a rubber seal, so no drain tubes. It's the factory tilt and slide cassette ones that sit in a double skinned roof that need draining.

That looks like a pop up one that closes onto a rubber seal, so no drain tubes. It's the factory tilt and slide cassette ones that sit in a double skinned roof that need draining.
That makes sense . . . fingers crossed.

Correct no drain tubes and yes it is a webasto also with 3 year guarantee from the guy who fitted it

Was fitted by Nigel of southwest sunroofs, lovely guy and his missus makes a great cup of tea

Correct no drain tubes and yes it is a webasto also with 3 year guarantee from the guy who fitted it
Awesome . . may i aks a rough ball park figure for supply and fit of one of those units?

£325.00 fitted he had a video on youtube too, Southwest sunroofs.
Took an hour to fit.

Just search sunroof T6 on youtube and you will find it, also he's on facebook.
I searched sunroof on this forum and he popped up on there too.
Think he's the man to go to as peeps from all over the country have taken their T5/T6's to him for sunroof fitting.
Hope this helps.

Back