[Resolved] T6 Oil level too high

JiMsHaDY69

T6 Guru
I'm currently an hour into an 8 hour drive to Bognor from Glasgow and have just had "Oil Level Too High" warning flash up.

Stopped at Gretna to check the forums for posts on this and unsure what to do now as there seems to be two possible issues.

1. Actual issue of too much oil caused by something leaking into oil

2. Software update required

I have a 2019 T6 Kombi 150bhp with 21k miles on the clock.

Van was serviced about six months ago and due it's first MOT next month.

Am I safe to continue my journey and have Bognor Motors look at it in the morning when I go in for the scheduled work?

Have you checked the oil level?.

Post a pic of it.

If so that oil looks very clean?

Had it just been serviced?

This is an issue that VW know about it is due to incomplete regen and excess diesel getting in to oil. There appears to be software update I don’t think it fixes it just doesn’t warn anymore 1665993345912.jpeg

Check your water level too....

Don't open if hot ...

Just tape the bottle to see the level and take a pic.

Do you do lots of short journeys?...

Have the engine fan stay on lots when you switch off?

When is your next service due?

Checked the oil again and just over the second bump just above where the top measurement level is in your image.
So it's high then .

It's will be high from,

Oil,
Coolant,
Diesel.

Answer the above to work out which it could be?

So Carista doesn't flag up the error.

Only shows the error for me having changed the stereo.

I've spoken to Bognor Motors and they say that they can have a look, but the coolant and oil level (whilst at the top end) should be okay to continue my journey.

Do you do lots of short journeys?...

Have the engine fan stay on lots when you switch off?

When is your next service due?

Most of my trips are short journeys. This will be the first long run in a couple of weeks, van can sit Mon-Fri and only get used at the weekend most weeks.

The regen occurs occasionally, but not on every journey.

Next service due in about six months.

I had this, and its on this forum elsewhere too. I had my T6.1 van serviced at a non VW garage before going on a long trip. They changed the oil. About 100 miles into this next journey up came the warning. I was on my way to Ireland. Opening and shutting the hood reset it. In Ireland a local garage drained a cup from the oil. 100 miles later back came the warning. When I got back to the UK, I went back to the VW garage, and they said it was a software issue. They had it for an hour or so, and I haven't had the problem since.

I had this, and its on this forum elsewhere too. I had my T6.1 van serviced at a non VW garage before going on a long trip. They changed the oil. About 100 miles into this next journey up came the warning. I was on my way to Ireland. Opening and shutting the hood reset it. In Ireland a local garage drained a cup from the oil. 100 miles later back came the warning. When I got back to the UK, I went back to the VW garage, and they said it was a software issue. They had it for an hour or so, and I haven't had the problem since.
Agreed on a T6.1

the OP has a 2019 T6...?

So most likely a different issue ?

It was serviced at an independent, not VW.

Has been fine for about six months since then though.

Reactions: CAB
Back