‘Oil level too high’ warning

Picked up our Camper this week 100 miles on clock
Drove home 15-20 miles
Today drove to Gloucester 90 miles noticed oil temp high(I’ve got an Amorock and temp rarely goes over 100) then later (possibly 100 km) warning came on.
On arrival checked level but oil that clean couldn’t quite tell exactly but it was high
As bonnet opened it must have reset as return journey no light until approx 100km
Sitting on drive now with 280 miles
Can’t see how that much diesel could get into oil in such a short distance which points to the expansion theory which is good news I hope
Will contact VW tomorrow and see when I can get upgrade

Callout VW assist.

Insist on a silver van VW tech.

Not an AA yellow van guy.

They should fix that or get you booked in as priority.

Picked up our Camper this week 100 miles on clock
Drove home 15-20 miles
Today drove to Gloucester 90 miles noticed oil temp high(I’ve got an Amorock and temp rarely goes over 100) then later (possibly 100 km) warning came on.
On arrival checked level but oil that clean couldn’t quite tell exactly but it was high
As bonnet opened it must have reset as return journey no light until approx 100km
Sitting on drive now with 280 miles
Can’t see how that much diesel could get into oil in such a short distance which points to the expansion theory which is good news I hope
Will contact VW tomorrow and see when I can get upgrade
I’ll see around 90 degrees on the oil (not the water temp) on gentle driving but fast driving it’ll get near 100. I’ve seen something like 105 on long uphills in the summer with the AC on.

I’d imagine a new engine would get a little warmer due to increased friction while bedding in.

Hope you get it sorted.

On the way back from CRS yesterday, I was about 60mins into my 90min journey and I had the oil to hire warning light come on. Strange given any regen should have been completed

It’s a software issue, I had line update months ago and I’ve not had an issue since on my t6.1

Reactions: Eli
Are we saying it isn’t a software issue? Or is there two separate issues producing the same warning

Reactions: mmi
If your engine originally had about 7 litres of oil in it but the level went up by a litre it's fair to assume that the mixture in your sump is roughly 12% diesel.
I'd drop it out and refill with oil.
Just called the dealership and booked in tomorrow morning 08:30hrs :thumbsup:

Are we saying it isn’t a software issue? Or is there two separate issues producing the same warning

It does sound like 2 issues, but I have no direct experience, just what has been posted here.

Pete

Reactions: mmi
It does sound like 2 issues, but I have no direct experience, just what has been posted here.

Pete
VW seemed pretty keen to get to get me in once I said there’s approximately 12% diesel mix in the sump

After some advice. Driving today and the “oil level too high warning go to workshop” came on after about 250 miles plus of driving and not needed topping up since last service 3k ago.. Just rechecked now it’s cold and oil level was fine on the stick and warning went off when restarted. Any clues? 2019 T6 edition 14k
We have this after the last service, VW have advised it needs a Software update to fix, but they don't know which one. So it will have to go back in when they have been advised.. If that helps. T6.1 21 plate

Frankly VW will give any reason, software updates etc instead of informing the customer that they may have fuel dilution of the engine oil. I suspect that would affect engine warranty terms.
For approx £40 it's worth getting an oil analysis, simple enough to do yourself with a cheap syringe and some tubing off Ebay.

Back