Wiring issues

icn05

T6 Pro
I collected my 2017 T6 from the converters the other day & there are a few issues with the leisure battery setup. I knew it was a basic setup using a PMS3 & Dc-Dc charger but it suits my needs at least for now as I’ll mostly be using EHU

main issues are the Victron Orion Dc/Dc charger doesn’t seem to be doing anything - there are no led’s illuminated on the unit & the Victron connect app doesn’t find it. Oddly I can find no trace of where they’ve connected the +ve input connection on the victron to on the van. Where would typically this be connected to? I don’t want to go poking round too much as I don’t want them blaming me for breaking something before they come to look at it.

The other and slightly more worrying issue is there are no fuses at all that I can see at the leisure battery end (2 x 110Ah SLA batteries), the wiring is a bit of a mess but I was expecting to see a fuse in there somewhere!

Post dinner pics of your setup.

And the batteries.

Starter too.

And the batteries.

Starter too.
Thanks, I’m not in the van & won’t be home until after dark but will sort some tomorrow

I’ve spoken to someone from the converters who is going to arrange to come to me to sort the issues so will see what happens.

And the batteries.

Starter too.
Hi again, here are a few pics… not sure if they’re any use - the batteries are really difficult for me to access atm (due to back & neck pain)

As mentioned I’ve spoken to the converters, told them I think the electrics are a mess, IMO potentially dangerous due to no leisure battery fuse - as well as the victron not working - so will see what they have to say when they come out.

They told me the wiring for the victron comes from a fuse by the starter battery - but that fuse / wiring doesn’t look new to me. The fuse (60A) is ok

IMG_2425.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg

IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg

Hi again

I’ve read on here (after the event) that the PMS3 isn’t ideal to say the least but I was under the impression that when on EHU with the ‘charger’ switch on & the battery selector switch in the ‘Car’ position that it should charge the car battery.

Am I correct in thinking that?

Back