Removal Of The Drivers Captain Chair

Forum expertise needed please. I have a squeaky creaky drivers seat and read on the forum that removing it, turning upside down then spraying with dry lube could fix it. I have a captains chair with heated seats but no idea how to remove it.

Q: would i remove the full chair or just the seat base? either or how do I do it, any videos or instructions please

Just take the upper seat out (remove the 4x bolts)

And leave the seat base and hand brake in situe......

Remember to disconnect the heated seat wire loom before obviously....

Couple of things on YT..like this...

For me the dry lube worked the first two or three times but it always came back with a vengeance.

This fix has worked for over 6 months now, before I was on the verge of ripping the seat out and chucking it over a cliff. :mad:

Seat Squeak

well that didn't work and tbh it actually sounds worse now. Van is 6 month old but has different seat covers on from Leighton Vans. Do you think VW will look under warranty?

well that didn't work and tbh it actually sounds worse now. Van is 6 month old but has different seat covers on from Leighton Vans. Do you think VW will look under warranty?
How did you get on? David

My kombi is only 6 months old. Drives me nuts. I bought some lithium grease so will grease everything in sight

I've also had leather seats done, on the standard seats. Squeaked before leather was fitted though

9ft Shark hasn’t been here for nearly a year, try the fix above, I’m 2 years squeak free now.

I have now used lithium grease on every moving part on my drivers seat and still squeak free after 250 miles. Thank you for advice

Back