Seat Squeak

Olly T6

blackberry 240 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Someone mentioned spraying some silicon spray on something which part was it? Was it you @T6180 i did the tailgate and it’s fantastic! No noise at all now

I didn't notice it but I've got a maxton bulkhead fitted. I only sprayed the hinges and the striker plate at the bottom

Tbh I only sprayed the seal so il try the other parts with the silicon spray

I'm still creak free after 3 days, but I'm not tempting fate by fitting the seat base trim back on though.

GT85 is great stuff, the smell soon disappears, but it didn't work for long on my seat so I used white spray grease so I can see exactly where I applied it for future reference.

Mine has started making a noise over the past few days. I’ve read the Facebook post.
Does putting the rubber round the spring work?

As another option for folks, I used bicycle chain lube on the moving parts. Gets into all the small spaces and then seems to coat the parts. So far has worked brilliantly.

Hi,
I’m the proud owner of a Caravelle and very pleased and first time post on this creak issue which my dealer was unable to resolve. Can I ask, all those who performed the steps posted historically are you still ok or did you have to resort to something else?

One spray of lube should do, jack the seat to full height take the cover off the back of the seat base for better access and slide the seat all the way forward. Spray all the joints of the scissor lift mechanism. I used silicone spray, not a squeek or creak for 15000 miles now.

Thank you. Will give it a go (would have thought the dealer would have done something like that already)

I followed the Facebook post and then sprayed everything and it’s been good for months now. Don’t know if it was the spray or the spring trick tho, all I care is that it’s quiet

Thank you. Will give it a go (would have thought the dealer would have done something like that already)

did it work @DTT6 ? I have a caravelle and the driver seat has a slight squeak when cornering. It needs to go back to the stealer for some plastic part underneath so was going to mention it but not holding out hope for them to rectify it. Seems that the method mentioned above your post may be the best bet?

Back