Removal of heated captain chairs

lukeadams

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’m looking to add a leisure battery under the passenger seat o was wondering if anyone has any instructions of removing a heated electric captains chair to get access underneath. Thanks.

No different from removing a standard seat just extra wiring/connectors to unplug

Sorry I’m a bit of a novice, is it simply just the 4 bolts on the sliders? There looks to be quite a few cables coming through the swivel

Yes a standard factory seat just needs 4 bolts removing and and cables coming out of seat unplugging and the whole seat will lift up and off

If your seats have airbags, do not turn on the ignition when the seat is disconnected .... if you do then the Airbag ECU will register a fault because the seat airbag has been disconnected. This fault will then need to be cleared when everything is reassembled using Carista or some similar tool.

When I did mine (22MY T6.1) the faults were even sent to VW and I got an e-mail from my dealer asking if I would like to come in for a check as the van had registered a number of faults. I had already cleared them with Carista so declined - I had also disconnected all the vehicle batteries.

Ok. Will keep that in mind cheers! Not sure, I’ve just bought the van, I’ll grab a picture. If it is factory and doesn’t remove how do you get access under the seats?

Ok that might make it easier then. Do you know the brand or how to unfix it?
The swivel is two metal plates with swivel mechanism in between. swivel the seat 45 degrees and you should see a bolt in each corner to the seat on the top plate of the swivel and 4 bolts to the base on the bottom plate of the swivel

Back