Removing captain chairs

Carlwaynie

T6 Pro
Hi all, just received my seat covers for the front swivel captains chairs and believe it would be easier to fit if the chairs were removed ,can anyone confirm if the pictures of the bolts I have attached are the ones that need to be removed ? Looks like they are attached to the rail. If not what should I be looking for .. part from someone to fit them for me ,as I‘m f***ing useless!!!

E820520E-47A5-4018-92ED-2CA6ADA9AE46.jpeg

B3B74BC9-B7F9-49E0-92F9-0F1CB6C78F58.jpeg

Yes, two bolts at the rear and two nuts at the front. Careful lifting the seats off the bases as there will be wiring attached to them that needs un plugging.

front one is just a nut on top of a stud from the base, rear one is a bolt. 5 mins to remove. just have to slide back/forth to access. seats are heavy too.
remember to disconnect any wires though on the underside and if you have airbags, dont turn on the ignition if you remove them.

You can get a small socket and ratchet onto the front one if you move the seat back. Lifting the seat up with the pump-action handle at the side helps you to get your hand in to disconnect the connectors underneath - easier from the back..

Hi all, just received my seat covers for the front swivel captains chairs and believe it would be easier to fit if the chairs were removed ,can anyone confirm if the pictures of the bolts I have attached are the ones that need to be removed ? Looks like they are attached to the rail. If not what should I be looking for .. part from someone to fit them for me ,as I‘m f***ing useless!!!

View attachment 188251

View attachment 188252

This guide should help you mate:
How to fit a Rusty Lee single swivel seat base (T6.1)

Shows how to remove the front seats. Hope it helps.

Not an amazing fit especially the underside of the headrests but cheaper than real leather :)
Not fixed under the chairs yet but will study the link Jimbob has sent before tackling that
I’ll probably still cover the drivers chair with a protective something or other :rolleyes:

F0F04F15-156E-4590-B05E-15074B6F6200.jpeg

DE993543-A671-4A0C-A3FA-286EBE851C00.jpeg

If you want to remove the base sponge it's only two bolts at the front underside on factory swivels. May make it easier to tuck it all in and tighten it up.

Be careful where you put the seats once they are out, the front to rear latching mechanism has a pin that protrudes through the bottom of the two rails and will scratch things like laminate flooring or damage delicate surfaces.

Back