Removable Kitchen Pod In Kombi

John Ward

Hi,

We have a fully converted Campervan, which is still a Kombi Van (as I do watersports and cycle etc). So it has a Reimo roof, lined, electrics, fronts seat that swivell round etc. We were advised to keep the Kombi seats, have a Kombi bed, and just just unclip the seats and move them back (as it is LWB), then have a table in between the front and back seats when we are camping. This works reasonably well, as we have the best of both worlds with the Van.

So we have no units, and tend to cook in the attached drive away awning.

So when the van is in "Campervan mode" we also leave the single Kombi seat (out of the 2+1) behind and just have the two in the back for the kids.

So what I am looking for is a Removable Kitchen Unit/Pod that will clip into the single (from a 2 + 1) Kombi Seat floor brackets, that can easily be removed and put in the awning as needed. This unit should have a hob (maybe two), and maybe a small sink in the top and room for Kitchen stuff in the unit itself. So it is a self contained Kitchen. It exists without the clip in feet I think. The only ones I can find that come close are as follows

Reimo Bike and Surf:
Reimo - Küchenteil VW T6/5 kR Cooky als Fertigteil mit Polster für Bettverbreiterung

or
Vangear Kombi 3 etc: (Not clips for Kombi seat brackets)
vangear Compact Campervan pods

There is also the Go Pod by Cambee, which is a bit to small, but very close!

Has anyone acheived this with their Kombi Campervan?

Hi,

We have a fully converted Campervan, which is still a Kombi Van (as I do watersports and cycle etc). So it has a Reimo roof, lined, electrics, fronts seat that swivell round etc. We were advised to keep the Kombi seats, have a Kombi bed, and just just unclip the seats and move them back (as it is LWB), then have a table in between the front and back seats when we are camping. This works reasonably well, as we have the best of both worlds with the Van.

So when the van is in "Campervan mode" we also leave the single Kombi seat (out of the 2+1) behind and just have the two in the back for the kids.

So what I am looking for is a Removable Kitchen Unit/Pod that will clip into the single (from a 2 + 1) Kombi Seat floor brackets, that can easily be removed and put in the awning as needed. This unit should have a hob (maybe two), and maybe a small sink in the top and room for Kitchen stuff in the unit itself. So it is a self contained Kitchen. It exists without the clip in feet I think. The only ones I can find that come close are as follows

Reimo Bike and Surf:
Reimo - Küchenteil VW T6/5 kR Cooky als Fertigteil mit Polster für Bettverbreiterung

or

I have a kombi camper but I could not find any units to do and go in the van where I wanted so I made it my self .
All my units use the original lashing down points and are removable.

10589236-6BFF-4669-822D-DFE7C88CC75B.jpeg

7DB98B09-5ADC-4E41-81C7-34E14599FE4C.jpeg

A18A6FE3-EC62-4FC6-94A1-11B181A4E189.jpeg

Wow, this looks great, and might be what we are after. But a bit beyond my ability (so might have to get someone to make it - have a couple of makes who could )

Also does the seat turn into a double bed somehow?

You don't happen to have plans you can share?

I am still interested to see if anyone has a kitchen pod that clips into the Kombi Seat brackets though.

Thanks in advance

Wow, this looks great, and might be what we are after. But a bit beyond my ability (so might have to get someone to make it - have a couple of makes who could )

Also does the seat turn into a double bed somehow?

You don't happen to have plans you can share?
My 7 year old son generally sleeps on the bench on the right, and myself and other son in the poptop.
In the future I may make a pull out bed where the bench is.

No plans sorry I literally made it is as I went along.

7D98C422-0F9B-4C11-9F14-067EC1F74F6E.jpeg

E3C4CBC2-8D81-4F81-9FF1-864F614DBBE3.jpeg

189EF496-4444-4B8A-9BE5-4761326F215B.jpeg

75099154-A3BE-4EFA-9BC7-8BE37C7D881B.jpeg

Looks great! I think I still want to make a Kitchen Pod for the Kombi seat brackets but you have defintely given me something to think about - thank you!

Looks great! I think I still want to make a Kitchen Pod for the Kombi seat brackets but you have defintely given me something to think about - thank you!

No worries, I am sure someone can make you a unit that attaches to the seat brackets.
The only thing you may need to concider, is if you house a gas bottle it will need a drop out vent through the bottom of the van

We had the bike and surf unit with the matching bed which could be made full width. In total it cost a lot of money for not a lot. The attachment to the seat fitting is by a 'J' hook bolt so nothing fancy. With the fridge in use the only other space is a draw underneath and the single gas canister hob. If i was doing it again i would look at a conventional pod and fit in the same way as the reimo pod with the J bolts or fit a base plate and attach to the base plate then no fishing for the seat fitting every time you want to remove it.

Hi John, we have a bespoke POD which was made for a customer to fit into the '2' position Kombi floor mounts and still allow the single seat to be used. We also made a narrow unit in the rear of the van. This customer wnated to carry their expnsive bikes in the rear, hence the narrow unit

We can design and make PODS in all shapes and sizes.

These picturees are not the best unfortunately.
Rgds
Ian

1.jpg

Hi,

Reimo Bike and Surf:

or

And a few more John.
Rgds,
Ian

2.1.jpg

2.2.jpg

4.jpg

Hi,

Reimo Bike and Surf:

or

Did you find what you were looking for? We may have a Vangear Nano Pod available as we are reassessing our layout.

I have a kombi camper but I could not find any units to do and go in the van where I wanted so I made it my self .
All my units use the original lashing down points and are removable.

View attachment 39026

View attachment 39027

View attachment 39028
Sorry to bump and old thread but think this is brilliant. I’m thinking of something similar but in a swb. Is that bench height the same as the seats when folded? If so how much useable storage space is inside?

Back