Removable Kitchen Pod In Kombi

Hi,

We have a fully converted Campervan, which is still a Kombi Van (as I do watersports and cycle etc). So it has a Reimo roof, lined, electrics, fronts seat that swivell round etc. We were advised to keep the Kombi seats, have a Kombi bed, and just just unclip the seats and move them back (as it is LWB), then have a table in between the front and back seats when we are camping. This works reasonably well, as we have the best of both worlds with the Van.

So we have no units, and tend to cook in the attached drive away awning.

So when the van is in "Campervan mode" we also leave the single Kombi seat (out of the 2+1) behind and just have the two in the back for the kids.

So what I am looking for is a Removable Kitchen Unit/Pod that will clip into the single (from a 2 + 1) Kombi Seat floor brackets, that can easily be removed and put in the awning as needed. This unit should have a hob (maybe two), and maybe a small sink in the top and room for Kitchen stuff in the unit itself. So it is a self contained Kitchen. It exists without the clip in feet I think. The only ones I can find that come close are as follows

Reimo Bike and Surf:
Reimo - Küchenteil VW T6/5 kR Cooky als Fertigteil mit Polster für Bettverbreiterung

or
Vangear Kombi 3 etc: (Not clips for Kombi seat brackets)
vangear Compact Campervan pods

There is also the Go Pod by Cambee, which is a bit to small, but very close!

Has anyone acheived this with their Kombi Campervan?
Hi,

I use a Vangear Nano Sink pod which sits behind my drivers seat in the T5 Shuttle without floor rails . It’s mounted on a plywood base hooked to the removed seat floor fittings. They are nicely made and I am sure they would have a solution for you including hob.

Hi,

I use a Vangear Nano Sink pod which sits behind my drivers seat in the T5 Shuttle without floor rails . It’s mounted on a plywood base hooked to the removed seat floor fittings. They are nicely made and I am sure they would have a solution for you including hob.
We had a Nano fitted behind the front passenger seat in our T6 Kombi without floor rails, and as above, fitted it to a plywood base which then attached to an aluminium bar (covered by the carpet) which was fixed to the the D lashing points which are just behind the front seats. That worked quite well. It is a neat and well made unit.

Hi,

We have a fully converted Campervan, which is still a Kombi Van (as I do watersports and cycle etc). So it has a Reimo roof, lined, electrics, fronts seat that swivell round etc. We were advised to keep the Kombi seats, have a Kombi bed, and just just unclip the seats and move them back (as it is LWB), then have a table in between the front and back seats when we are camping. This works reasonably well, as we have the best of both worlds with the Van.

So we have no units, and tend to cook in the attached drive away awning.

So when the van is in "Campervan mode" we also leave the single Kombi seat (out of the 2+1) behind and just have the two in the back for the kids.

So what I am looking for is a Removable Kitchen Unit/Pod that will clip into the single (from a 2 + 1) Kombi Seat floor brackets, that can easily be removed and put in the awning as needed. This unit should have a hob (maybe two), and maybe a small sink in the top and room for Kitchen stuff in the unit itself. So it is a self contained Kitchen. It exists without the clip in feet I think. The only ones I can find that come close are as follows

Reimo Bike and Surf:
Reimo - Küchenteil VW T6/5 kR Cooky als Fertigteil mit Polster für Bettverbreiterung

or
Vangear Kombi 3 etc: (Not clips for Kombi seat brackets)
vangear Compact Campervan pods

There is also the Go Pod by Cambee, which is a bit to small, but very close!

Has anyone acheived this with their Kombi Campervan?
John please can I ask you what bed system you have? We were hoping to have a similar conversion. Thanks

We have a this kombi bed: VW T5 & T6 Kombi Bed | Dorset | Wessex Vans

It works well as I can get all my watersports gear under it.

As I said when we are camping, we travel with just the double seat, which allows us to put our fridge etc where the seat would. So would like something like above that fits into the lashing points, which has pull out kitchen stuff mainly for days at the beach)

Back